Search results

1. B

the end of my home room

Don't kid yourself guys, in Cali it will be hard financially to withstand this long lockdown. Most of the other states allowed rooms to open more regularliy regardless of infection rate. I am not passing judgement on any other state but in Cali we've been closed and the infection rate is...
  2. B

the end of my home room

I hate hearing about rooms closing. There might be only twenty or so rooms left open in Cali when this is over. If its ever over?
  3. B

Woodward vs Smith -- WWYD?

Bank the two ball and draw the cueball such that you leave a combo on the stripped ball in opponents pocket. I see at least three balls and maybe many more if the bank is successful.
  4. B

Derby City Classic

We lost a lot of valuable time early on with the outbreak. No one really knew what to do, what treatments worked and how to keep the population safe. Masks work, masks don't work and social distancing measures were hard to implement and police. Even now we have a large segment of the population...
  5. B

House of Billiards - Santa Monica Ca

I just learned that the HOB in Santa Monica will NOT be opening its doors when the Covid Shutdown is lifted. It was a great One Pocket Room for many years. Its been open continously since about 1963. It was the home room for Wayne Pullen and Ritchie Griener.
  6. B

FROST OCHOA WWYD

Brother Jeff is that Humanly or Humanely possible. I quit smoking "puff the magic dragon" years ago and I still think a thicker hit on the six would allow my shot to succeed. Although Scott's shot is more doable and likelyer to be accomplished.
  7. B

Derby City Classic

I also have my room booked and if I can get a vaccine immunization shot, I am going. Otherwise???????
  8. B

Mika Immonen / Oscar Dominguez Live Stream

I watched about one half of the match. The sound was terrible first off and neither player is in the top twenty one pocket players for sure. They are both great ball strikers but the errors made had me scratching my head. Oscar has a bit more knowledge which showed up in the final score BUT at...
  9. B

FROST OCHOA WWYD

Come off the top of the six ball with inside english and get behind the two ball and push it slightly towards your hole.
  10. B

Gomez has arrived

Beware of lefties, they excell.
  11. B

Kiamco vs Ellerman -- WWYD?

If the two railer doesn't appeal to you, you also have the option of thinning the one ball and taking the cueball two rails up to the corner on Mitch's side.
  12. B

Happy Birthday Kentucky!

Eagles, wolves and beavers.................Happy B-Day.
  13. B

DANNY VS GENTILE WWYD

Bank the striped ball one rail to your hole and draw the cueball off the two ball. Make something happen.
  14. B

the hustler (1959)

Cokes and I were pretty much at odds with each other over the years. He was always trying to trap me into games. I played all the games just good enough to understand where I was at most of the time. I believe he did well in real estate in later years.
  15. B

The Freezer vs T-Rex

Am I missing something? This match can't be played at the Freezer?
  16. B

the hustler (1959)

He did Doc but he didn't put up any cash. He took a piece of the daily receipts for showing up and stimulating action and play. After a month he didn't get any more of the daily take.
  17. B

the hustler (1959)

What a place, "Big Mamas." Cokes was the owner and it was truly a den of theives. I have one story which I love to tell. Joe Porper who went on to become one of the first pool players to make all sorts of pool playing supplies, cues and cases, put one of the best moves on me one night at Big...
  18. B

Kenny & Freezer Rule Discussion!

Three balls moved. Loss of game?
  19. B

TOM vs JEFF

Push the six ball up on the seven ball as an intentional scratch and spot a ball. That limits Jeff's ability to run any balls. The new score will be 4 balls to 2 balls Jeff's favor. Stay in the game.
  20. B

darren vs chip end game wwyd

I learned many years ago that in these situations, leave the object ball anywhere on the end rail by your pocket. Make your opponent take the ball away from your pocket. This creates a situation where you keep him on defense and you on offense.This is best when you can leave the cueball on the...