Search results

1. J

Referee or CAMERA?

Last week I was playing in a local tournament and a "close" shot was being played and one of the guys used a camera on his cell phone to video tape the shot. It was hard to determine with the naked eye to determine if the cue ball hit the object ball first or the impeding ball first. The...
  2. J

Rule Question: Moved ball(s)

Would just like to get some confirmation by the experts: 1. According to the standard rules of One Pocket on this forum, is it true that an accidentally moved ball(s) by the shooter (regardless if it during his stroke or at any other time) the ball(s) is/are simply put back into the agreed...
  3. J

One Pocket Event at Lacy's Cue 22nd & 23rd.

Just so you guys know, there is a 9 Ball tournament on Thursday night at 8:00 PM on the bar tables. If I bring a friend who has never been to Lacy's my entry fee is paid. Just letting my One Pocket.Org friends know who will be your friend on Thursday night. :D It is a race to 3 and cheap...
  4. J

TWENTY DAYS & counting...........

See you one pocket players soon.......... JoeyA
  5. J

Thinig to do In New Orleans

http://www.steamboatnatchez.com/ JoeyA
  6. J

Measles Ball vs. NO Measles Ball

Just throwing this poll up for all of us WHO ARE ATTENDING this event to have a vote for or against using a Measles Ball. For me, it doesn't matter, just as long as we decide which one it is going to be. (And the sooner we know for sure, the better) Same thing applies to the rest of the rules...
  7. J

What is the rule?

Player A giving player B a spot of 10-7. It is Player B's shot. There are 3 balls left on the table. Player B walks to the table and peers into his pocket and says "I've only made 3 balls." Player A says, "Oh!" Player A walks over and sure enough, Player B has only made 3 balls. Player B...
  8. J

Sorry to intrude. USED CUES FOR SALE.

Not selling anything but I recently started a Facebook Group for INDIVIDUALS to sell their used cues. There's nothing to buy unless you are looking for a used cue. The idea seems to be well received with over two hundred people joining in less than 3 days. If you want to check it out or join...
  9. J

Move one ball, Move Two balls, well you get the idea.

Currently the one pocket.org rules are: 6.1 Unless otherwise announced by the tournament director, One Pocket is played according to the World General Rules 1.16.1, ‘cue ball fouls only’. In the event that a player accidentally moves a ball, the opponent may elect to have the disturbed ball...
  10. J

Ruling Question(s) on accidentally moving object balls.

What happens if a player moves an object ball OR more than on object ball during his stroke/shot, (after legally contacting the cue ball)? FOR THE RECORD: I'm not talking about gambling rules or house rules; ONLY TOURNAMENT RULES. Sometimes a player may "accidentally" touch an object ball...
  11. J

RULE QUESTION for REFEREES & tOURNAMENT DIRECTORS

I've read the rules of one pocket as outlined here on onepocket.org but I have a question for you one pocket players. If while using a bridge, you move one ball (other than the cue ball) by accident is it a foul? If while using a bridge, you move two balls or more (other than the cue ball) by...
  12. J

Any one pocket tournaments for the summer?

Does anyone know the details of any one pocket tournaments for this summer? thanks, JoeyA
  13. J

Rule 11

11. Keeping track of which pocket is whose 11.1 It is each player’s responsibility to keep track of which pocket is theirs; opponents are under no obligation – other than good sportsmanship -- to correct such an error prior to an opponent’s shot. A ball legally pocketed in the wrong pocket...