Search results

1. gulfportdoc

Scott Frost

I'd imagine that Alex's rotation game has slipped a slight bit, him being 45 now. SVB is 40, so his prime rotation days will start easing down pretty soon. I remember seeing Alex in the late '90s destroy a 10 ball ring game over in Reno. He broke and ran 6 racks of 10 ball. I couldn't believe...
  2. gulfportdoc

Break-and-Runs in Old Time One Pocket

Cardone would know. But he rarely checks in anymore.
  3. gulfportdoc

Break-and-Runs in Old Time One Pocket

I don't recall reading how they played. Steve or Dennis would probably know. My suspicion is that they played winner breaks.
  4. gulfportdoc

Ghost vs. Tom #2

I really like that shot because I'd be looking to put a ball on my long rail, as you say: to have a ball up and a ball down. And with the CB now buried behind the 15ball, there's really very little that the opponent can do. He's in deep jeopardy. I never knew you were that nasty, Steve...:cool:
  5. gulfportdoc

Scott Frost

Are you sure you could get there with 12-4?...;)
  6. gulfportdoc

Satellite MOT concurrent with Buffalo’s in May

I work on Fridays, but I'll come over on Saturday to harass y'all...:)
  7. gulfportdoc

Waat da peeps due?

It's tough to pocket one of those balls and not leave some kind of makeable bank. It looks like the shooter could softly roll the CB to the right of the 5ball, and graze it coming out without pocketing the 5 ball. At least then it wouldn't leave a bank for the opponent.
  8. gulfportdoc

Savannah Easton One Pocket WWYD

Evidently there wasn't enough room to pocket the 9ball?
  9. gulfportdoc

Savannah Easton One Pocket WWYD

That's the shot I like. Ya gotta get some of those balls outta there. Until you do, the opponent is just going to keep making it worse for you.
  10. gulfportdoc

Happy Birthday, Warren Ruth!

Happy Birthday, Warren. I hope you're having a fun one!!
  11. gulfportdoc

San Antonio WWYD

Well, it's safe to say that I'd never have seen THAT shot. He hit it like God, though..😦
  12. gulfportdoc

San Antonio WWYD

Yeah, I was looking at that one too. Shouldn't be hard to execute, and it would put a ball over in the shooter's court.
  13. gulfportdoc

San Antonio WWYD

Probably just take an intentional by rolling the CB to the middle of the head rail.
  14. gulfportdoc

Victor vs. Mike #2 - end game

I think that's the smart shot here. The 1-15 balls favor the shooter, not the opponent, so leave them be. With the CB up on the head rail, he doesn't have anything, and he can't leave ball up table due to the return gather shot on the 1-15. If playing for funsies the shooter could shoot into...
  15. gulfportdoc

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIS A/K/A CINCY KID

Hey bro, another couple of these and you're going to have to stop celebrating them...:cautious: Have a good one, Chis!
  16. gulfportdoc

'Pancho'

Could that have been longer ago than you thought? I know Buddy was house pro at Planet 9 Ball in Tampa, but that's been quite a few years ago before he moved back to Metropolis. That was really a nice room. Ole SmorgassBored used to hang out there. Maybe even ran their tournaments.
  17. gulfportdoc

Fedor vs Alex - DCC 2023 Banks rd 10

MAN, Gorst hits those banks pure!
  18. gulfportdoc

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Well thanks, Matt. I'll give it a shot. I haven't been to Buff's since the time I saw you there!
  19. gulfportdoc

Quick WWYD while we wait...

In effect Alex is now spotting Chip 12-8, so there's no reason to go crazy. If I didn't like anything else, I'd simply roll the CB to try to wedge it between the 14ball and the rail (the 14 is the ball 14"-16" downtable from the CB). From there what's Alex going to do? If he wants to continue...
  20. gulfportdoc

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Matt, that's great news about your being on the trial at Mayo. Those inhibitor drugs are miraculous. I have some experience in that regard, so I can appreciate what you're doing. Good luck, my friend!