Search results

1. Island Drive

Great Kicking Game

B.J. no, it was Merl. I got to the springs in 71, and the sportsmans bar was attached on the w. wing. 50 lane bowling alley. Leroy Font owner.
  2. Island Drive

Great Kicking Game

Billy, there was a man in Colorado Springs. Merl Bales, a tradesman.... everyday played Golf on a 5x10 Brunswick Gold Crown. He played on that table for a good 35 years straight, his control was amazing. Never missed a target/incredible control of slower speeds. I asked em for a tip' one...
  3. Island Drive

Great Kicking Game

In any art, perspectives always set forth different courses.
  4. Island Drive

WWYD from Philly - 100 a game

That was my plan plus kick in 1 ball hangar and get a bank on the other ball. Two parts the cb cuts the 12.... the carom angle hits with follow just before the side pocket, then tracks towards the scratch.... pocketing your hangar. And if you hit it real good making both balls, you'll have a...
  5. Island Drive

Break-and-Runs in Old Time One Pocket

I'm gonna read the other posts, but I was there every night for the last 4 years.... and the raid. It was Or? I didn't watch that game much at 19 yr old 14.1 was my preference, but maybe/winner break thinking of mine I was formed by Ronnie Allen in his prime, to me the ''Jack Nicklaus'' of our...
  6. Island Drive

Great Kicking Game

Our local bar has 2 Valleys. tables. There' an older stoner man who plays 8 ball not for money, but when you play with em, you have to kick in the 8 to win. When I go in there, for years now, he's always kicking at balls remaining on the table, guessing he's a Fargo 540 , yet his kicking is...
  7. Island Drive

Jimmy Mataya Passed

Jimmy B, Jarvis is always in Need.
  8. Island Drive

Chris Reinhold vs Chip Compton 2024 DCC

The Very first shot was not expected, the combo was wired banking the 6 with inside.... into the 13. He didn't even look at it.
  9. Island Drive

Jimmy Mataya Passed

My Canon AE1 Camera bm Clockwise from 6pm I don't think I need to tell you it's Larry Liscotti. :) Nikki Mataya I think around 11-12 yrs old Mark Jarvis/Jarvey. (gotta tell this story). In his youth, started playing real good. He'd just drilled Mizerak 7-1, so his family came down to watch...
  10. Island Drive

WWYD from Philly - 100 a game

I like this cut shot with correct cue ball speed, because the natural 2 rail cue ball travel.... long rail long rail comes in straight towards the pocket area. With the correct speed, whitey releases off the second long rail and has a HUGE 12'' drop in target area. I'm playing all cue ball off...
  11. Island Drive

Jimmy Mataya Passed

Thx, Bill I'd also heard about it, and let Ether/Jen know. bm
  12. Island Drive

Scott Frost

Cincy, my take.... with Scott seemingly working on the MR payroll, his spirt/attitude are probably in a much better place. That alone gives a top player quite a different perspective.
  13. Island Drive

Ghost vs. Tom #2

Not at all, I never play the game where I'm at, it's all bar table cept in my back yard, and no one in Fremont county enjoys the 9' struggle. I enjoy seening/processing others perspectives. Now if it was a ten-ball game, I'm able to spot the top players shooting the wrong shots quite often. I...
  14. Island Drive

Ghost vs. Tom #2

So Tom, which is the second best thread choice?
  15. Island Drive

Ghost vs. Tom #2

Tom your shot, gives great ball separation & cue ball distance from the table foot. thx
  16. Island Drive

Ghost vs. Tom #2

Simple, but the cue ball travel for me, I would likely scratch coming off the 8 in the upper pocket.
  17. Island Drive

Ghost vs. Tom #2

I like this cue ball movement pattern, but I'd prefer to hit the 8/3 carom draw spinner putting em on the foot rail.
  18. Island Drive

Ghost vs. Tom #2

Thin clip the 5 with extreme 9 o'clock cueing, putting whitey back/under the 12/10. Since I'm on top of the 5 & close, my cueing and speed is under total control. Also key in this..... I'll be able to hit the 5 with enough speed, to move the 5 towards the pocket as it's forward speed kills off...
  19. Island Drive

Tony being Tony

I've learned, if you don't know which way the $$$$$$$$$ are flowing, don't put on your swim suit.
  20. Island Drive

Billiard Golf

Attach to the light fixture underneath, a way to project small dots/of light in different patterns, on to the play surface. Each different set up, just to switch it to another pattern already programmed into the obj. on the underside of the light fixture. If you like it, then market the...