Search results

1. D

My Cross-Country Trek Has Nearly Begun...

All, I will be leaving sunny Charleston, SC on the 19th of June to go to a school in Norfolk, VA for two weeks. Then I will be spending 2 or 3 days in Louisville, KY on the way over to Des Moines for my cousin's wedding. If anyone lives near those two cities in VA or KY, let me know if you...
  2. D

Two Ben Cooper Custom Cues for Sale

I have two Ben "Goofy" Cooper Custom Pool Cues for sale. Ben's cues are well known around the NC/SC/GA area, and the two or three best players in the Charleston-area play w/ cues that Ben made. I will be putting them up for sale on Ebay in the next couple days. Give you guys/gals a crack at...
  3. D

Winning One Pocket and Shots and Moves

All, There are some copies of these two books for sale in bundles on ebay. Think the bidding is up to 225 dollars for the set of two. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75195&item=7120928236&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW...
  4. D

Pirated One-Pocket Videos

I ordered what was purportedly an Accu-stat DVD of a couple one pocket matches (1995 Roanoke Parica vs. Matthews and 1998 Legends of one pocket Hall vs. Reyes)from a user on ebay named kye_lin. I waited and waited and waited, and nothing showed up, so I lodged a dispute w/ PayPal. They emailed...
  5. D

Every Time I Move...

Being in the military, I have the opportunity to move about once every 2 or 3 years. This is good when I am stationed in a location that I don't care for, and bad when I have to leave a locale that I have begun to feel at home in. Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you look at it) I have...
  6. D

Which city has the best pool scene?

I have been given the choice of the following duty stations: Des Moines, Iowa Butte, Montana Shreveport, Louisiana Houston, Texas Where am I most likely to find a one-pocket scene? DavAmundo
  7. D

Reprinting of "Winning One Pocket as Taught By..."

Has anyone seen this book around or know whether it is going to be reprinted or not? I owned a copy back in '94 or '95, but all I played then was 9-ball, so I sold it on the web a few years back. Now I'm kicking myself, cuz I can't find a copy of it anywhere. If I remember correctly, the copy...
  8. D

Charleston, SC

Hi Everybody. This is my first post. I'm in the Navy down here in sunny Chuck-town. I moved here after my last tour in Albany, NY (where I had the distinct pleasure of having Ryan McCreesh relieve me of some of my cash about 5 years ago...) I expected there would be more pool halls and...