2013 DCC BENNY CONWAY JR v SHANE VAN BOENING PART 3

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
2013 DCC BENNY CONWAY JR v SHANE VAN BOENING PART III

Still the 2nd rack. Shane is up 1-0 in games.

Ball count is 7-6 Shane who is at the table. WWYD?

1.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Use the six as blocker, pinch hit between it and rail so as you opponent is NOT able to do it again, and is forced to open up access to the 14 ball by the pocket or take a scratch and lag below it.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Use the six as blocker, pinch hit between it and rail so as you opponent is NOT able to do it again, and is forced to open up access to the 14 ball by the pocket or take a scratch and lag below it.

I like that and if you freeze the cue ball you should be out of trouble but if you don't and he does the you can then three rail kick behind the ball near his pocket and take a scratch.

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
What about thinning the 6 and sending the cue ball two or three rails under or behind the 14. I think, if the shot is there, I would play for under the 14 so as to increase my chances of not leaving a bank on either ball.

kollegedave

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
What about thinning the 6 and sending the cue ball two or three rails under or behind the 14. I think, if the shot is there, I would play for under the 14 so as to increase my chances of not leaving a bank on either ball.

kollegedave
I agree,if you play a lot of onepocket your speed has a lot to do with it. That means trust your stroke.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
The key word there, Rod, is "hope." I think you should only ask for hope as a last resort.

Often a simple bunt and stall will yield redemption.

Beard

As to the hope part, I've always been a lucky player. :)

I probably bunt that shot as much as anyone, if you don't freeze the CB first you can easily lose the game with him needing two.
Rod.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
2013 DCC BENNY CONWAY JR v SHANE VAN BOENING PART 3

As to the hope part, I've always been a lucky player. :)

I probably bunt that shot as much as anyone, if you don't freeze the CB first you can easily lose the game with him needing two.

Rod.

Yep. Ducking and playing taps while leaving him a duck by his hole when I have the chance to clear it out does not appeal to me. I know it's taking a chance but so be it. I don't think either are wrong, but I just think that is what I would choose.

treeMan

Verified Member
........ if you don't freeze the CB first you can easily lose the game with him needing two.
Rod.

^^ that's why I'm thinning the six and getting under the 14 (like was said before), with a little right spin if necessary. The positioning of the cue ball and six ball make that shot readily available.

tree

tylerdurden

Verified Member

I think this is the game plan. If nobody else already added, they may both tick tack for a while if nobody freezes, and in that time the balls are going to tend to line up more toward shane's hole. You can throw and forzen or near frozen ball a lot, and all shane would need to do is hang it.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i apologize....the laptop that i had the pictures saved and edited on hard drive literally fell out :eek: last night and i cant get it to work....

anyway, svb did indeed shoot the 6 into 14 and in doing so, pocketed the 14 for benny. they played for the remaining ball for several innings and benny eventually got out with a nifty cut.

the match came down to the last ball with svb winning 3-2.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
i apologize....the laptop that i had the pictures saved and edited on hard drive literally fell out :eek: last night and i cant get it to work....

anyway, svb did indeed shoot the 6 into 14 and in doing so, pocketed the 14 for benny. they played for the remaining ball for several innings and benny eventually got out with a nifty cut.

That kind of thing often happens when you hit and hope. If I am going to go down, I want to go down with a plan that I can visualize the whole outcome.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Here ya go Dustin:p.

svb1.jpg

SVB left it here for Conway:

svb's leave.jpg