2020 Members Only Tournament location poll

Where would you like to go for the 2020 Member's Only Tournament?

• Michael's Billiards (Cincinnati area)

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Chris's Billiards (Chicago)

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • California Billiards (Fremont CA -- greater Bay area)

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Amazin Billiards (Boston area)

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
2021 You should consider Q-Masters Billiards Va Beach Va !!!
The largest pool hall in the country with 72 tables !! Our tournament room is the perfect venue; 14 9' Diamond tables. New clothe at least once a year.
Great food & drinks with full kitchen. :cool:

Table recovering....
Summer/Fall/winter/Spring....which part of the yr does that take place?

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
2021 You should consider Q-Masters Billiards Va Beach Va !!!
The largest pool hall in the country with 72 tables !! Our tournament room is the perfect venue; 14 9' Diamond tables. New clothe at least once a year.
Great food & drinks with full kitchen. :cool:

I would go there in a heartbeat. Someone like you needs to nominate the room. Remember that for next year.

FreeMoney

Verified Member
Table recovering....
Summer/Fall/winter/Spring....which part of the yr does that take place?
Generally around September. We used to host the US Open 9 Ball Tourney (40+yrs) now we host The International 9 Ball Tourney (held in Norfolk but we sponsor). The pro's come in for action & practice.

Last edited:

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I’ve been there and that’s one of the few locations where I could actually bring my family and they could have a vacation...
My ex son-in-law was stationed in Virginia Beach(Norfolk) for 4 yrs. Visited my daughter and granddaughters about 5 times during
that period. There is more history in that area than anywhere in USA. Definitely a great vacation spot.

Qmaster Billiards is truly one of the best rooms in America. Better than CABilliards - no. Better than Chris's in Chicago - no. Better than
Blue Grass Billiards -definitely not. Nicer than Lacy's in NOLA - no. BUT, as far as tables, food(great hamburgers), area attractions - you
cannot beat it.

You may not like the local action. Either, they will not play, or they can beat you easily. Sort of like Chicago;):D(y).

But, are we welcome there ? Table time ? Area representative ? We would not be disappointed if we went there, at all.

I know why Chicago is winning, because we have so many members there. I must admit that one of my votes went for Chris's.

My other vote went for Michael's in Ohio. New place, new members - close enough to a lot of our people to probably have a full field.

Ghost might even make that trip. Would really like to see Bruce again.

I have just moved into new house after 32 years at old address. I have only gotten to play for about 5 hours since Senior tourney
in Houston. Hopefully, will get to start playing in a couple of weeks. That will give me about 3 months of 3-4 days week of practice.
BUT, that is allright, you all have action:unsure::p.

I would vote for California because of selfish reasons. My wife was born in that area and her Aunts and Uncle are getting old. She lost an Aunt
in 2019 in Tracy, Ca.
Also, I want a rematch with Lettuce Larry. He has me 2 games loser after driving all day and keeping me up til 1 o'clock. We also have some very good senior players that I met in Houston that I would like to see again. NOT TO MENTIO SCRZBILL.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
No, I am just annoyed by the angry and foolish things you say.

You have no idea what a target-rich environment that is.
LOL...........you sound like my son in law at times who works for the CO DOW.

He just got his first Moose (my grand kids Only eat Elk), boy are those Moose tacos, differently better than ANY tacos I have ever eaten.

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
My ex son-in-law was stationed in Virginia Beach(Norfolk) for 4 yrs. Visited my daughter and granddaughters about 5 times during
that period. There is more history in that area than anywhere in USA. Definitely a great vacation spot.

Qmaster Billiards is truly one of the best rooms in America. Better than CABilliards - no. Better than Chris's in Chicago - no. Better than
Blue Grass Billiards -definitely not. Nicer than Lacy's in NOLA - no. BUT, as far as tables, food(great hamburgers), area attractions - you
cannot beat it.

You may not like the local action. Either, they will not play, or they can beat you easily. Sort of like Chicago;):D(y).

But, are we welcome there ? Table time ? Area representative ? We would not be disappointed if we went there, at all.

I know why Chicago is winning, because we have so many members there. I must admit that one of my votes went for Chris's.

My other vote went for Michael's in Ohio. New place, new members - close enough to a lot of our people to probably have a full field.

Ghost might even make that trip. Would really like to see Bruce again.

I have just moved into new house after 32 years at old address. I have only gotten to play for about 5 hours since Senior tourney
in Houston.
Hopefully, will get to start playing in a couple of weeks. That will give me about 3 months of 3-4 days week of practice.
BUT, that is allright, you all have action:unsure::p.

I would vote for California because of selfish reasons. My wife was born in that area and her Aunts and Uncle are getting old. She lost an Aunt
in 2019 in Tracy, Ca.
Also, I want a rematch with Lettuce Larry. He has me 2 games loser after driving all day and keeping me up til 1 o'clock. We also have some very good senior players that I met in Houston that I would like to see again. NOT TO MENTIO SCRZBILL.

I can certainly sympathize with that Robert - I've played 4 times since Sept 30th when I started school here in Nashville. But only 8 weeks left & hopefully time will free up a bit. Looking forward to seeing all of you again in June!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I can certainly sympathize with that Robert - I've played 4 times since Sept 30th when I started school here in Nashville. But only 8 weeks left & hopefully time will free up a bit. Looking forward to seeing all of you again in June!

Hi John and Robert. My wife and I have tickets to Chicago and are looking forward to seeing everyone

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Hi John and Robert. My wife and I have tickets to Chicago and are looking forward to seeing everyone
Jim, Just booked my room 6/3 - 6/8. Hope to be in dead stroke by then. Still have not hit a ball since around the 1st of November.

My wife wanted to come, but she knows I like to play and stay in action. So Warren is making the trip with me. See all of you then.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Would really like to see Bruce again.

And I will enjoy seeing you again brother Robert - and not just because I'm anxious to play you with that 10-8 that you offered me awhile back - hopefully you remember that offer 👻

levartze

Verified Member
From
Morgan Hill, California
What hotels are the best to book (safe, convenient and close) to Chris' Billiards? Should Uber/Lyft be okay getting back and forth? I assume that O'Hare is closer than MidWay. I'm sure there will be a few of us coming from California; maybe we can plan on flying out 6/4(Thu) and returning 6/8 (Mon). Sounds like it will be a lot of fun! Always wanted to visit Chris' Billiards - perfect opportunity...

alpodog

Verified Member
What hotels are the best to book (safe, convenient and close) to Chris' Billiards? Should Uber/Lyft be okay getting back and forth? I assume that O'Hare is closer than MidWay. I'm sure there will be a few of us coming from California; maybe we can plan on flying out 6/4(Thu) and returning 6/8 (Mon). Sounds like it will be a lot of fun! Always wanted to visit Chris' Billiards - perfect opportunity...
How about we leave on 6/3, it will give us 2 days to practice.

alpodog

Verified Member
I’ve been there and that’s one of the few locations where I could actually bring my family and they could have a vacation...
Hey Youngstown kid, I'm also from there. I went to chaneyhigh, graduated in 1973. Move to santa Cruz, ca. in 1980, maybe we can hook up in Chicago and talk pizza.