Back at Lodi Billiards

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Wow, what a dump. Their 1P table has some of the worst shimming I've seen.

Just hanging out trying to break some rust lose.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Well, it's not such a grand story, Doc - not a big score, or anything like that. You can see it on Bill's instructional DVD, Common Sense One Pocket. (One of the very best instructionals, by the way) Lodi Joe is a young kid, who hustles Billy to play for $2, and then beats him. Billy promises to return the following day, to get his money back. There's a shot that goes with the story, a cross-corner bank shot. I can't reproduce it on this post, of course, but it's a good story, on a good video. Everybody should have the video.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, it's not such a grand story, Doc - not a big score, or anything like that. You can see it on Bill's instructional DVD, Common Sense One Pocket. (One of the very best instructionals, by the way) Lodi Joe is a young kid, who hustles Billy to play for $2, and then beats him. Billy promises to return the following day, to get his money back. There's a shot that goes with the story, a cross-corner bank shot. I can't reproduce it on this post, of course, but it's a good story, on a good video. Everybody should have the video.
I do have the video, so if Cardone won't chip in here, I'll have to pull it from the archive and revisit it. It's a good video of Billy; and he actually imparts some valuable one-pocket knowledge.;)

Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Where is Lodi Billiards. Maybe New Jersey?

There is not a pool room in Lodi, CA that I know of.

Its Jersey. Thats where I played Mel who passed two years ago.

Anyways I drove to Clifton Billiards but they didnt open till 4. Castle Billiards is also close to Teterboro but Lodi was on my way back. Fri and Sat were spent at Amsterdam Billiards. Im out of stroke but had a good time playing.

When I make it back to LA I'll see if you happen to be traveling to Bellflower