Bank for Shape!

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Whitey, Howdy;

Not one to allow a little virus get ya down. Good to see you are
comin' up with a shot or two every once in awhile. That was a powerful
bit of inside ya put on that judgin' from the path from the bitty-titty.
That and juuuuuuust a bit short on length. chuckle.

Keep'em comin' please.

hank

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qeA9uRzGn2JU6qXx5 click on video to get sound. Stop video before I do the shot, if you want to figure it out yourself how to make two balls, or to try and figure out how I get shape to make to two balls from that position!
Just a fun bank, derived from me clowning around! Enjoy, Whitey
Man, your smokin the good stuff! Great imaination I thought you were going to 3 rail the object ball and the cueball , I can't seem to ever miss the kiss on that shot no matter what i do

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Man, your smokin the good stuff! Great imaination I thought you were going to 3 rail the object ball and the cueball , I can't seem to ever miss the kiss on that shot no matter what i do
i was thinking the 3 railer too
too boring for whitey!!!!
nice shot whitey.... (y)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I was also thinking the 3 rail OB and 3 rail CB, good shot, but man would I be afraid to actually play that in a real game of any consequence (off the tit)...

MisterBanker

Verified Member
Nice shot, I would love to try this out but the pool rooms are shut down for at least the next two weeks.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/f4dzx8FEVWhWVzw1A
https://photos.app.goo.gl/grZMQKPna1inXtpd8 click on videos to get sound.

Billy Jackets, yes you are absolutely right about this shot! You must have a lot of experience. The cue ball tends to go around faster than the ob or pretty equal. When sending both the cb and ob to the foot rail, it sure is nice to get that perfect pocket speed in case the ob does not drop, so you do not sell out.
I scratched ten times more going 3 rails vs. 2 rails off the point. Thanks guys! Enjoy, Whitey

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Yes, beautifully done, it's a wonderful shot, but if you always get punished for hitting it perfectly , you have to find something else. The tit is a great idea.
I did finally figure out how to make the off the point shots Efren has made, , the secret for me was to line up with a tip of high inside on the cueball and to shoot with my tip aimed just to the inside of the pocket.
I made it once in a onepocket game where the guy had a ball in his pocket and balls everywhere around it, he could have put me on the end rail and I probably would not have had a chance, but he was so sure he had me he got a bit lazy and left me out in the middle of the table a little below the pocket.
If you have any problems let me know.
It can be made from above below or straight across , below is the toughest, but not really difficult. Shot is at 41 seconds

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I did finally figure out how to make the off the point shots Efren has made, , the secret for me was to line up with a tip of high inside on the cueball and to shoot with my tip aimed just to the inside of the pocket.
I made it once in a onepocket game where the guy had a ball in his pocket and balls everywhere around it, he could have put me on the end rail and I probably would not have had a chance, but he was so sure he had me he got a bit lazy and left me out in the middle of the table a little below the pocket.
If you have any problems let me know.
It can be made from above below or straight across , below is the toughest, but not really difficult. Shot is at 41 seconds
Took the side pocket point shot to the table last night, and was surprised at how easy it is to make once you get the hang of it. The tendency I had was to hit the point too square on. When I aimed more to the inside of the point I could make the shot 2 out of 3 times.

I'm not sure I'd have the courage to try the shot in a serious game, but it's nice to have a new kick shot in the old quiver.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Hi Guys, thanks for all the posts!
Now that we guys are back posting, I'd like to run this by you!
I'd like to see this forum, Bank Forum be changed to: Bank/Kick Forum. There are a lot of tremendous kick shots out there, plus kick banks. Anyway my thought is to help keep this forum going along then this addition just seems like it would be a welcome addition. Ronnie Allen stated; "kicks are the most important shot in OP".
@ 2:15 for example; Efren's kick safe, well he played a safe, it did not turn out that way.

Your thoughts! thanks, Whitey

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Great by me , or start a Nothin But Kicks Thread , anything would be great.
Thanks, Billy! Check out Efren's kick shot, that is what I am talking about, and much more!
Hey, I am running out of banks, well almost, so maybe others can carry on if we expand the forum to include kicks, kick banks, great tickys, diamond systems and so forth. Whitey

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Hi Guys, thanks for all the posts!
Now that we guys are back posting, I'd like to run this by you!
I'd like to see this forum, Bank Forum be changed to: Bank/Kick Forum. There are a lot of tremendous kick shots out there, plus kick banks. Anyway my thought is to help keep this forum going along then this addition just seems like it would be a welcome addition. Ronnie Allen stated; "kicks are the most important shot in OP".
@ 2:15 for example; Efren's kick safe, well he played a safe, it did not turn out that way.

Your thoughts! thanks, Whitey
He's the greatest , what can you say , him and Ronnie O Sullivan are the 2 best of this era by leaps and bounds

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
Took the side pocket point shot to the table last night, and was surprised at how easy it is to make once you get the hang of it. The tendency I had was to hit the point too square on. When I aimed more to the inside of the point I could make the shot 2 out of 3 times.

I'm not sure I'd have the courage to try the shot in a serious game, but it's nice to have a new kick shot in the old quiver.
courage is irrelevant if you have no choice!