Banking with the Beard review

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I've just posted a review of Freddy Bentivegna's book on the OnePocket.org home page. OnePocket.org has a number of signed copies available, which you can now purchase immediately using Paypal.

Okay, I just mixed a review and a mercantile plug -- but I am very confident you will enjoy the book!

r0ttie1

Verified Member
From
Phoenix
NH Steve said:
I've just posted a review of Freddy Bentivegna's book on the OnePocket.org home page. OnePocket.org has a number of signed copies available, which you can now purchase immediately using Paypal.

Okay, I just mixed a review and a mercantile plug -- but I am very confident you will enjoy the book!
I just sent my payment via PayPal. Looking forward to reading the book. :)

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
How about a combo price for the book and a onepocket.org shirt :)

***Deleted request for shirt pictures because I saw the shirt in the marketplace section- my computer wouldn't show it on the original thread.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Just sent you a PayPal payment. Looking forward to learning a thing, or three, or a bunch.

Lou Figueroa

yobagua

Thanks Steve. Paypal is so convenient as the lines at the PO are so long nowdays. You should have a cart system though where we can just put items in a cart and checkout later like they do at Amazon. Now hows about putting up tapes of the one pocket events and interviews on audio tapes for sale as well. Thanks again

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
hi

hi

freddy's book on banks has already helped me figure out why i missed for years . anyone who plays one pocket this book is a must ! if it could help me , it can help anybody . racetrackphil

r0ttie1

Verified Member
From
Phoenix
I got mine in the mail yesterday. Thanks for the prompt shipping. I'm looking forward to working with it.

T411

Verified Member
I got my copy of this book on Saturday, “Little Al” Romero was at my house this weekend when my copy of this book was delivered. Fast delivery time I might add. He paged through “Banking With the Beard” and was very impressed. He told me "this is probably the best book anyone could get his or her hands on"! If you want to learn how to bank like a champ this book is where you need to start.

Last edited:

lewdo26

Verified Member
I've purchased my own copy. My thanks to the Beard and Steve. I'll be waiting for the next volume, and hoping for the bright day when Freddy will put his one pocket stuff out. Even if revealing well-kept moves goes against his grain.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
who shot Romberg

who shot Romberg

Mitch was convicted for killing Kenny Romberg Remus and did considerable time. He has been out on the street for awhile.
the Beard

YJY

Verified Member
From
Paducah, KY
Banking with the Beard

Banking with the Beard

Just got my copy in yesterday. It looks great!! Can't wait for the Beard to publish some one-pocket stuff. He really knows his one-pocket.

Richard S

Verified Member
From
Poplarville MS
Looking Forward to The Beard's Book

Looking Forward to The Beard's Book

I just ordered Banking with the Beard. I had the opportunity to meet this gentleman at the tournament in Gulfport where he dispatched me quickly from the competition. I should have talked with him more as he was a nice guy and I didn't realize his stature in the pool community. I plan to try to learn from the publication by absorbing the information, working out on my table, and will report back to and for Freddie the Beard.

It's a genuine shame the Grand in GPT has dumped us from their agenda. This was a really enjoyable event, especially for the players and fans in our area.

loveshiscue

Verified Member
From
Miami, Fl
Great book, the section on knowing when the kiss is on was pretty useful and its the first I've seen this issue diagrammed as well as Freddy has it.

Freddy, were there any hardback editions of this book published? I would be interested in purchasing one if they are available.

Also, are you planning on doing a one pocket book? if yes, any specifics yet?

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Bank book II is next

Bank book II is next

I'm about halfway through with another bank book. This will have more stories and more outrageous opinions and observations. It will contain some powerful new systems for 1 rail banks based on my (not mine, actually Sailor Barge's ball aiming system) ball aiming system. The Billiard Digest website has devoted over 20 pages of replies and commentary on a man called Hal Houle's aiming system. I dont know Mr. Houle but it appears that his system and mine are similar. But never being a gracious or modest sort all of my life, I must add that from all that I have gathered, his system although somewhat similar doesnt approach the accuracy or comprehensiveness of the William "Sailor" Barge system that I describe and diagram in my book. I would be interested to hear from those that have checked out both.
Finally, a OnePocket book is a ways off. I will probably eventually put one together with my friend Artie Bodendorfer or maybe Grady Mathews and I could cook one up.
the Beard

Last edited:

Richard S

Verified Member
From
Poplarville MS
Initial Impressions - Banking with the Beard

Initial Impressions - Banking with the Beard

This is easily one of the best books on technique I have seen. The diagrams are excellent and the process descriptions are presented in wonderfully clear language. I have found I need to go through the book one subject at a time and actually work with each of the principles to get useful benefit from the information. One of the best lines ever from a pool instruction book:

"My system shows you how to control the interplay of contrary variables that affect every bank shot." Page 11

The stories about the old timers and legendary people, shots, and events are priceless.

The book is a STEAL for pool fans.

Thanks Freddie.

FoxyCoxy

Verified Member
From
Seneca, SC
For Freddie

For Freddie

Freddie, Correct me if I am wrong , but I believe there is a mistake on page 59. Shouldn`t 1.6=5, 2.6=6 and 3.3=7 ?

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You are right

You are right

FoxyCoxy said:
Freddie, Correct me if I am wrong , but I believe there is a mistake on page 59. Shouldn`t 1.6=10, 2.6=12 and 3.3=14 ?

You are very observant. The error has been addressed and will be in the correct form in the next editions. If you are looking that closely you must be getting some value out of the book.
the Beard