busty vs danny

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Since the cue ball is in a position that would allow a good spinning stroke on the cue ball, I would bank the 1-ball with high left spin and allow the cue ball to rebound off the long rail on my opponent's side of the table and back to the area of the foot rail between the middle and first diamonds on my side of the table. It is important that the cue ball gets past the center diamond on the foot rail to my side of the table; because of this importance my focus would be entirely on the cue ball. Hopefully, the 1-ball would be able to get close enough to my side of the table and become a significant complication for any subsequent shot selection my opponent would have available.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Bank the 1 back at you 1 time long with a lot of LHE. CB comes back across table to double and triple him up

If that's too extreme of cut when at table I may just come off 13? 2 rail it to my side. Low left and bring cb back to his long rail then foot rail.
This was the first thing I saw too.

beatle

Verified Member
and if he scratched he loses the game. and if danny can cut the 10 ball down into the 11 he can make it or have two balls hanging there and that is death. and get him behind the 6, 3.
now he is far worse off than before.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Are you saying you and I would have hit it better? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm thinking of something Keone commented on to my reply on a very similar bank I scoffed at as the correct shot when I first joined here. He said if you dont have this shot in your arsenal your not a one pocket man... After that I practiced the heck out of that bank and yes you have to hit it terrible to miss it that short and almost scratch. I have no doubt that Cincy or you or I would get it closer unless we dog it too.. the reason I'm saying this is the 1 ball is a full diamond and a half away from the head rail. Not a hard bank from there

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
usually top English not draw or just side ball. Mostly I think it gets to be a feel think like missing the kiss on cross over cross corners

I feel that I hit these shots way more accurately when aiming at the bottom of the CB. I guess I should practice left and top a bit more to beat the scratch as you say. Thanks for the advice

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Are you saying you and I would have hit it better? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I agree, however, Bustamante is a world class player and I'm sure he played to hit the shot more accurately but it doesn't lessen the risk of the possibility of scratching cross corner. You must consider that scratching at this time is a loss of game so is it worth the risk?

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I feel that I hit these shots way more accurately when aiming at the bottom of the CB. I guess I should practice left and top a bit more to beat the scratch as you say. Thanks for the advice
got alot of that from Jeremy jones and found it very helpfull when thinking about where yo uwnat the cue ball to end up as well as taking the scratch out of it