buyer beware

Daniel Sheets

From
tehachapi,ca and Laughlin NV
i bought a brunswick table on line from cost co.the table was made in viet nam,the cues from china.and the felt was the worst grade of bar table fabrick i have ever played on...brunswick assured me that the felt was genuine brunswick!!!that was my second table,i have bought from brunswick...and my LAST...brunswick,out of las vegas,was the installer,and did a good job.the product was less then i expected,and no where near as good as my old gold crown......its not american

daniel sheets

Daniel Sheets

From
tehachapi,ca and Laughlin NV
Daniel Sheets said:
i bought a brunswick table on line from cost co.the table was made in viet nam,the cues from china.and the felt was the worst grade of bar table fabrick i have ever played on...brunswick assured me that the felt was genuine brunswick!!!that was my second table,i have bought from brunswick...and my LAST...brunswick,out of las vegas,was the installer,and did a good job.the product was less then i expected,and no where near as good as my old gold crown......its not american

daniel sheets
................................brunswick throw away tables,for about 2500.00 is a rip off,there worth about half the price,and dealing with brunswick,on a problem was useless,they already had the money.the contender felt was JUNK.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Daniel Sheets said:

daniel sheets

B-Wick dosent make anything in America, to the best of my understanding they moved 100% off shore 3 or 4 years ago, prior to that it was still something like 80% off shore. These numbers are based on my memory and not perfect. What I am sure of is nothing is American made. The Centennial balls are Saluc from Belgum and are great balls!!!!

I have a couple of their player chairs that retail for $750ish the one with the drawer below the seat and with big arms with a notch in the arm for the cue and cup holders. They look great. One of the arms broke off mine, the Dowel was real thin, the arm wasnt glued on very good and it was light as a feather, it was popular wood I think, it had the properties of balsa wood, If you shop around you can fins Stickly chairs that are 80 years old for just a little more $$$ that are real hard wood or oak. I was very disappointed. I paid less than half of retail and they really arnt worth that, they tilt foward as well.

from a distance they look great, good from far, far from good. In a commercial room they would be in the trash with in a year topps, my room gets alot of use, much much more than any other home room and I can see the chairs not holding up, I also have good hard wood Diamond chairs and they look new-they are 10 years old and have alot on milage on them and are perfect. Good wood, assembled right. Quality control is the biggest issue in China, I was selling a couple mil a year in furnature a while back and every shipment was different than the last, alot of American companies keep a Q/C person in China to make sure this kind of BS dosent happen-I had a friend who lived there 3 or 5 years doing that.

B-Wick had to go to China etc, its impossible(almost) to manufacture anything here anymore, unions, OSHA, red tape, workmans comp insurance, SS matching on payroll every week. American companies cant compete, its been that way forever and is just getting worse.

I'm not knocking B-Wick I love my GC5 best GC ever IMO and the orange GC1 a second favorite. What you have to do is your own quality control when buying their merchandice, because the majority of it is good, when I bought the chairs I didnt, I have seen the exact chairs I have with a much better quality build. Buyer be ware. At least they re making tables etc and promoting pool to a extent.

shame

best

eric

Last edited: