Champions One Pocket Series Corey Deuel vs Danny Smith AUG 17-19

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
so much for my prediction on these being marathon sessions....lol

i think what we have learned and what you have observed/pointed out in the past is that these early games are huge and if a guy can get out of day 1 with a large lead, it makes the math hard for his opponent.

interesting matchup....

:)

I don't think anybody thought the day would be over this fast, i know i sure didn't lol

keoneyo

Verified Member
I agree with then others on the cool posters, very nicely done!

Also, that would be pretty cool Keoneyo, great idea!

Thanks Cincy. I got the idea from the Card Lady Ray uses to promote his event. I mean right away I thought of the boxing example.
Id like to see it and Im sure others would love an undercard.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Danny Smith vs Corey Deuel One Pocket Champions Challenge, being held at The Steakhorse in Spartanburg, SC:

Going to 10 games each day.

Corey is up 10-6 in a race to 30 One Pocket, we will be looping today's broadcast.

Passes still available to watch in case you missed some great action.

Live Coverage will resume 4pm Eastern Time tomorrow.

Check it out, passes still available at www.PoolActionTV.com

O7_A0Vwc0TFg-GWTASAHyA_r.jpg

website-logo.png

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Great match. Smith is on the comeback, trailing by one game. The score is Duel 12 and Smith 11 with Smith breaking.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
i almost/thought about asking dr. bill to give me a line on the over for a 15 hour session on day 1. ha! glad i didn't....lol....:eek:

:D

Today might be 15 hours lol

Day # 2 looking like it's going to go way longer than day #1 did lol

Complete different style today, lot more moving type games from both players.

Great match. Lots of one pocket to be played today. Double J in the booth doing commentary breaking down all the shots and strategies

To Purchase a pass and sweat it go to www.PoolActionTV.com

Capture.jpg

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Anyone else experiencing a slightly choppy video feed toninght??

Stream has been solid

If need help fixing the issue contact helpdesk

He knows all kinds of tricks to make it work better no what the issue is.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Day 2 Recap

Day 2 Recap

Day 2 has concluded with a much more competitive night, with wild swings of momentum. Danny needed to start fast, and fast he started, closing the four game deficit he had and actually taking the lead, 14-13. Then, like in day one, Danny fell flat and Corey came on, stretching out his lead to five games and closing out day 2 up 20-15.

Early, Corey had problems putting runs together and Danny played smart, protecting his lead and making Corey earn every ball. Then, it seemed Danny forgot to play the score and allowed Corey to climb back into the match. At the end, it seemed Danny forced shots that did not seem like they needed to be shot, and Corey cleaned up on the open tables.

Is it just me, or do these guys just refuse to play an up table game when they have a big lead?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Day 2 has concluded with a much more competitive night, with wild swings of momentum. Danny needed to start fast, and fast he started, closing the four game deficit he had and actually taking the lead, 14-13. Then, like in day one, Danny fell flat and Corey came on, stretching out his lead to five games and closing out day 2 up 20-15.

Early, Corey had problems putting runs together and Danny played smart, protecting his lead and making Corey earn every ball. Then, it seemed Danny forgot to play the score and allowed Corey to climb back into the match. At the end, it seemed Danny forced shots that did not seem like they needed to be shot, and Corey cleaned up on the open tables.

Is it just me, or do these guys just refuse to play an up table game when they have a big lead?
thanks for the recap joe
jeremy early in the stream said he had talked to corey and corey mentioned he wasnt a grinder
if i remember correctly jeremy said he didnt think corey knew the end game as well as danny so wasnt looking to battle ball by ball

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
thanks for the recap joe
jeremy early in the stream said he had talked to corey and corey mentioned he wasnt a grinder
if i remember correctly jeremy said he didnt think corey knew the end game as well as danny so wasnt looking to battle ball by ball

Not knowing the end game as well as your opponent isn't a reason not to respect a large lead and choose options that would lend to an up table game. Both players played loosely in many situations where they should of tightened up to protect leads, but that's not as uncommon among "TOP"aggressive players as it is when lesser players compete. Another reason you might see players playing loosely in formats of this kind is the amount of time it could take to complete the required number of games needed to complete the games needed to close out days. Then there are times when two top players compete against one another and play loosely to show the other player that they respect the looseness the other player is exhibiting just to keep the match going a certain way. I can remember playing matches where my opponent was playing loosely and because of that I was winning comfortably, and to keep my opponent from tightening up I would choose options that implied that ...you hit me I hit you....attitude. Of course there is an art to playing all different styles...if you know what I mean.:)

Anyways, it's been a very interesting match with a lot of excellent shots, and J.J.'s commentary is excellent as expected. Enjoy the rest of the match and don't forget to tighten up when it calls for it. lol.

Dr. Bill

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
BRLongArm: Is it just me, or do these guys just refuse to play an up table game when they have a big lead?

I think Cory is at the head of the list of guys most likely to find a way to shoot at his pocket in any given situation, and Danny isn't too far down on that list.

Realizing that I would rank Tony between them at the top of the Shootin'-At-My-Hole list makes me wonder whether I'm seeing a cultural difference in what motivates these kinds of choices.

My amateur mind-reading isn't telling me to put any Pinoys OR European players near the top of that list. I'm thinking some players get their biggest thrills from executing amazing shots or runs (ever heard "Takes one to know one?" :frus ) while others place a higher priority on winning matches.

Maybe it's just a coincidence that I put three Americans at the top of the former, or maybe I'm just wrong. :confused: (That happened to me once in 1966 and I still haven't gotten over it. :heh )

chicagomike

Verified Member
Good stuff and I love the commentary...great match! I'll take 10-4 from either of them.