Chohan vs Filler Short Rack Banks LIVE

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Yeah I missed that so I am definitely planning to have a look, thank you! I imagine Tony figured this was the best way for him to get a better feel for that table prior to his big One Pocket match. Kind of like the way at DCC they hold the banks first, so by the time they get started with the One Pocket, players have a good feel for the rails. Filler banked particularly well during the One Pocket, but he was obviously VERY familiar with that table -- it's been his home table a couple of months lol.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Terry, when you first put this up on the main forum, I then was going to ask you to also thread it on the bank forum. Thanks!

I'd like to see a challenge bank pool match between some hot shot bankers. You know with some serious money in the middle. But, go with full rack bank pool, for I feel the novelty, more complexity, shot selections / safeties, and battles would be far more interesting than a short rack challenge. Whitey

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Terry, Howdy;

Agree with Whitey , Thanks for posting the match here in the Banks forum.

I think it also would be a good thing to see some Full Rack Banks. It's like they
took Full rack Rotation and cut it down to 9-ball now we got short rack Banks.
We lose a lot of the nuances of the game when ya go for the "short" version.
To much Hurry-up in this world. Relax, take your time, enjoy the game.

hank

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yeah, at the very least, in tournaments such as the DCC, they should go with 11 ball racks for bank pool. 9 ball banks is too short. In a race to 3 the winner only needs to make 15 balls!!

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy All;

Didn't one of Thorpe's Bank matches take only 15 minutes or some thing crazy like that?

hank