Chris Gentile vs. Pag - WDHD, WWYD?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I'll put this one up while we wait for Ghost, Larry, or one of the other guys to put up a more interesting one. I rarely post wwyds anymore, since I've lost my "greenshots" app. This was taken from YT, so it's a little blurry. Therefore I've numbered the balls for reference.

The situation is that Gentile and Pag have both used two fouls. It's Chris' shot, and he's in an awful situation. His pocket is the bottom left. What did he do? What would YOU do?

Gentile-Pag1.pngGentile-Pag1A.png

Island Drive

Verified Member
Hit the right side of the 6, hitting the 3 full and sticking whitey where the 3 was.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Not sure, Doc.. I would do Bill's shot if there's room or I probably would just try to make a ball or shit one etc.. Probably be my best percentage..Good one...

2020-09-26 12_40_53-(1) Chris Gentile vs. Pag - WDHD, WWYD_ _ One Pocket and Bank Pool.png

2020-09-26 12_48_50-(1) Chris Gentile vs. Pag - WDHD, WWYD_ _ One Pocket and Bank Pool.png

OneRock

Verified Member
Shoot the 15 hard into the 3, hoping to get lucky. There's no surgical move that I can see here.

J.R.

Verified Member
If I were Chris, and its my shot, and my pocket is where his (Gentile) name is at, then I would thin off the 1-ball and return the cue ball two rails and back down table.

I am of the understanding that Island Drive, Jimmy B, Chicago Fats, and OneRock had shot at the wrong pocket. But to be on the same page with them, if I were Pagulayan and I was shooting either (a) to play defense or shooting (b) to play offense or shooting (c) to play both (an offensive shot with a defensive position), I would pick (a). Once again I would thin off the 1-ball and bring the cue ball 2 rails back down table. Hopefully, my cue ball will block any straight in shot for Gentile and limit his scoring selections to a combination or carom shot.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
shoot straight ahead at the 9/11 hard...the 11 banks and takes it and the 15 your way..the 9 caroms off the 11 into the stack and pushes lots your way..maybe you can get lucky.

vapros

Verified Member
Tough spot - thirteen feet away and shooting off the rail. I will try to play off the 8 ball and billiard the 3 with just enough speed to knock the 3 and 12 balls away if my luck is good. (deus ex machina, meaning a bolt from the blue)

lll

Verified Member
i am sure this is not the right shot but i would do this
hoping my next time at the table is better
art wwyd.png

Island Drive

Verified Member
I'm thinking a 2000 Corey Duel Break shot o_O. But yeah return em to the same spot is a thought Especially with your opponent also, on 2 fouls. Carom off the 8 looks to strike the long rail above the 3.

Good night.

Nick B

Verified Member
I think i might ticky the 15 at 25 mph trying to take out the 3
Good things can happen with the 6 or the 2...maybe I take a foul and move cueball one diamond to the left...then if he fouls back take the plunge!

beatle

Verified Member
according to docs 2nd post he has the pocket on the right hand side. doc is using the players perspective instead of the picture perspective.

beatle

Verified Member
for me and not them, i would shoot the 9 11 combo hard and try to rearrange the balls and follow down to the jaws.

that 11 or 15 looks to go your way.
you are going to lose this game unless something good happens quickly.