Chris Gentile vs. Pag - WDHD, WWYD?

catkins

Verified Member
I think I play off the 13 to go one rail and sit above the 12

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Lads, there appears to be some confusion over who has which pocket. I should have labeled them. The score graphic has nothing to do with the pocket each guy has.

It is Chris' shot. His pocket is at the bottom right, where there are no balls. He and Pag both are on two fouls. Chris can't foul here, or he'll lose the game.

I don't think it would be a very interesting WWYD if it were Chris' shot, and all the balls were in front of his own hole.

But I won't drag this one out. Will reveal Chris' shot this evening.

wincardona

Verified Member
Lads, there appears to be some confusion over who has which pocket. I should have labeled them. The score graphic has nothing to do with the pocket each guy has.

It is Chris' shot. His pocket is at the bottom right, where there are no balls. He and Pag both are on two fouls. Chris can't foul here, or he'll lose the game.

I don't think it would be a very interesting WWYD if it were Chris' shot, and all the balls were in front of his own hole.

But I won't drag this one out. Will reveal Chris' shot this evening.
Kicking to the 15ball with a medium soft speed in an attempt to pocket the 3ball on a carom would be a possible solution to the trap. At least with this option, you have some control with the accuracy, and the actual playing out of the plan.

Dr. Bill

catkins

Verified Member
Kicking to the 15ball with a medium soft speed in an attempt to pocket the 3ball on a carom would be a possible solution to the trap. At least with this option, you have some control with the accuracy, and the actual playing out of the plan.

Dr. Bill
This was the other shot I looked at thinking I would play the 15 into the 6 to get a thick enough hit to get the cue ball to back towards the rail , for me it felt that since I am froze to the rail I thought the follow I would put on the ball to get an accurate hit would make it tougher to get the proper response off the 15

beatle

Verified Member
your in deep shit here so another shot which may sell out but give you a chance is to one rail one and a quarter diamonds up from the near long rail at his pocket. probably about half the time you will leave him no shot after bumping the 3 or just getting in the jaws. the rest of the time you may lose like you are going to anyway.

whether you can do this or not it pays to learn your table so you know how much english to use or none to get to different spots from anyplace on the table. this one is easy.

OneRock

Verified Member
Why do I keep seeing arrows pointing to pockets as if there are dead balls?

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
Why do I keep seeing arrows pointing to pockets as if there are dead balls?
No ball is dead.

I also like the ticky to the 15 at medium speed to pocket the 3 or if I get real lucky pass it and get safe off that other ball. Not a smash shot.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Well, y'all had some good suggestions. Chris took a good long look at the shot, then fired the 15 into the 3ball, pocketing the 3 off the 12. The CB went 2 rails and kicked the pink ball up table. Peter "The Rock" suggested that shot, so he gets the cookie.

Gentile's shot reminded me of advice from another great Chicago player, Freddy Bentivegna, who said when you're in an awful situation, decide upon the most advantageous shot, then get everything else out of your mind but pure concentration on making that shot.

This leave got Alex scratching his head. Chris won that semi-final match, and faced Efren in the finals of the 2011 U.S. Open 1P Championship.

1601246071352.png

Jimmy B

Verified Member
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Good One Doc...

Shortstop

Verified Member
I was at that match..The video guys at TAR,already had Chris losing and put Alex`s name on the board for the finals...I saw this & went to the booth and told them 'it ain`t over yet"...They took his name down...Chris did beat Alex & lost to Efren...I did come out of Vegas with a cool souvenir,from a spectator in the audience.

Attachments

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I'll put this one up while we wait for Ghost, Larry, or one of the other guys to put up a more interesting one. I rarely post wwyds anymore, since I've lost my "greenshots" app. This was taken from YT, so it's a little blurry. Therefore I've numbered the balls for reference.

The situation is that Gentile and Pag have both used two fouls. It's Chris' shot, and he's in an awful situation. His pocket is the bottom left. What did he do? What would YOU do?

View attachment 432485View attachment 432486
Doc and Larry this is a great match to get a bunch of wwyd's off of
thanks for helping out! Whitey