Cliff Joyner possible stroke

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I was just informed that around 6:00pm central time Cliff had a stroke. Don't know the severity of it but let's say a prayer for him.

Bill Incardona

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
Sorry to hear about this.

One of my favorite memories is from maybe 20 years ago... I walk into Chris's here in Chicago, and while I'm putting my tray of balls down on my table I hear a voice from the next table... "Wanna play some cheap?" Yep, it was Cliff, banging them around by himself and obviously thinking I might not recognize him.

I politely declined - always kinda wished I hadn't.

Get well, Cliff, and I'll let ya hold a hundred.

pj
chgo

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good Lord! Does anyone have additional information? If they're doing neurosurgery perhaps it's a brain bleed or a tumor.

Did he collapse while at the table, or was he just sitting there when it hit him?

This is real bad news. I hope Cliff pulls through and recovers!

~Doc

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
He walked away from the table after the first game was over, and he never returned.

Good Lord! Does anyone have additional information? If they're doing neurosurgery perhaps it's a brain bleed or a tumor.

Did he collapse while at the table, or was he just sitting there when it hit him?

This is real bad news. I hope Cliff pulls through and recovers!

~Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Cliff Joyner possible stroke

They said this am that they might not have to operate and he was speaking fine. Sounds like he is still in the hospital while they’re doing tests. This was per Scott Frost a couple hours s ago.

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
According to Tony Chohan who was by his side last evening, he was very coherent, but his left side was paralyzed. This is fully reversible if they're able to administer tPA within 3 hours of the stroke. The fact that they determined he didn't need surgery suggests he didn't have a hemorrhagic stroke. Let's hope.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
According to Tony Chohan who was by his side last evening, he was very coherent, but his left side was paralyzed. This is fully reversible if they're able to administer tPA within 3 hours of the stroke. The fact that they determined he didn't need surgery suggests he didn't have a hemorrhagic stroke. Let's hope.

Let's pray that you're right.

Dr. Bill

baby huey

Verified Member
Forcasting the recovery from a stroke is difficult to do. It'll take a few days to determine the damage done to the brain. Hopefully he'll regain some movement on his affected side. If he does then he might regain his body function. Prayer is needed along with good medical care.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this was posted on azb a few hours ago
stating from scott frost
if he is moving his fingers and toes on both sides thats great
his weakness on the left side originally implies his event was the right side of his brain so you would not expect speech problems
joyner stroke update scott frost.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Hang in there Cliff, enjoyed our brief chat at DCC. Your smile was good, as was your nature. Last time I saw you, you were just a kid, you just looked like the same kid with a calmness about you. Get well soon, kick this and get on with lifes next shot.

Bill M.

chicagomike

Verified Member
That's encouraging news. Praying that he has a full recovery....he's still holding a couple of my twenties I'd like to get back.:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
sent a donation
thanks for the link
hope for a speedy and complete recovery cliff...:)

I copied the link and pasted it into a post on AZBilliards but when clicked on it it says Page Not Found. What am I doing wrong? please help.

Dr. Bill

El Chapo

Verified Member
I copied the link and pasted it into a post on AZBilliards but when clicked on it it says Page Not Found. What am I doing wrong? please help.

Dr. Bill

Bill,

If you’re not doing so already, try clicking on the link, then copying it directly from the top url bar of the page that open when you clicked.