Creating a draw angled bank

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
This is a clip form my game with Raymond Ceulemans in 1998. In the priar 6 innings, he ran a, 6,12 and 6. I'm left in a difficult position here, and had to come up with a clever shot. I used a system I developed years ago, to create a, 'draw angled bank' to make the shot run 4 more from it.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
How precious is that video, and especially for you. I loved the commentary. For the lay person, such as I, I would of not even known you were in a tough spot.
As you know, I have had little contact with 3c, but Cueleman is special for me, for he came to Long Beach in '69, and that is how I learned the 1/4" draw and follow shot. So this video of you playing him, has extra meaning for me. Thanks, a great shot! Whitey

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Nice shot bill
sort of a variation of the banana shots you posted
could your shot been done with inside English?
or did you need the curve of the draw to create the angle needed

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Nice shot bill
sort of a variation of the banana shots you posted
could your shot been done with inside English?
or did you need the curve of the draw to create the angle needed

Larry; using just inside English would have caused the CB to go,'too' short, and not approach the OB's at the correct angle. Aiming deeper on the long rail with the draw and my system is more accurate for me.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
This is a clip form my game with Raymond Ceulemans in 1998. In the priar 6 innings, he ran a, 6,12 and 6. I'm left in a difficult position here, and had to come up with a clever shot. I used a system I developed years ago, to create a, 'draw angled bank' to make the shot run 4 more from it.

Love that this was in the heat of battle, and with the legend no less. I know you have a lot of video info on shots, position, systems and matches. We look forward to watching them with you. 👍💪

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
I love old school 3c, I guess I just can't stand looking at dotted circus balls spinning all over the place
Old school always rules