Derby city

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
won first match play tommorow after 11 45
Good going! I see some of our other guys have won their first bank pool matches as well: Jerry Matchin, Bille Miller, Dustin Miller, "Chicago" Mike Eck, Ike Runnels, Brumback. I don't know who else is playing in the banks from the forum. A few of the guys are playing their 2nd round matches now.

Anyone know how many entrants signed up for bank pool? I'm too lazy to count. Maybe the entry and buyback fees didn't bother anyone.

~Doc

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Doc, I heard 458 entrants....

Miller bounced in the 3rd round.

It's hotter than hades in the tournament room (at least if you're up moving around/playing).

One Pocket draw tomorrow at 1 PM!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc, I heard 458 entrants....

Miller bounced in the 3rd round.

It's hotter than hades in the tournament room (at least if you're up moving around/playing).

One Pocket draw tomorrow at 1 PM!
458 is impressive! I wonder if it's a record?

Sorry you got knocked out, bro. But you'll be ready to rip tomorrow for the 1P

The website is behind. It's only showing the standings from round 1.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Brumback big W over olinger....getting high fives from the entire state of Kentucky....

Attachments

• 20200125_181717.jpg
    20200125_181717.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 14

Kybanks

Verified Member
458 is impressive! I wonder if it's a record?

Sorry you got knocked out, bro. But you'll be ready to rip tomorrow for the 1P

The website is behind. It's only showing the standings from round 1.

Last year there were over 500 players in the banks. They turned away at least 60 trying to sign up.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It's good to see that Chicago Fats is still in it, going to round 5. But I don't know Fats' real name, or Catkins either, so I can't follow them on the derby postings. I see that Jerry Matchin and Mike Eck are still in it. I'm guessing they play their matches at 11:15 today (Sun.) The 1P draw is at 1:00.

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
Good luck to all! First one I've missed in 5 years & hopefully the last I'll miss for the next 20. School's out 3-27 & looking forward to the MOT. Miss you bunch of hooligans!

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
christopher atkins if you want to follow I lost to jeremy jones last night 3 1 but it felt like I had plenty of chances

I play shane mcminn tommorow at 12 in one pocket which is good since now i lost my voice and think I may lay down till tonight and hopefully get better

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
It's good to see that is still in it, going to round 5. But I don't know Fats' real name, or Catkins either, so I can't follow them on the derby postings. I see that Jerry Matchin and Mike Eck are still in it. I'm guessing they play their matches at 11:15 today (Sun.) The 1P draw is at 1:00.

Doc.....Chicago Fats is Dan Moran.....Also, Jerry Matchin's young protege, up-and-coming top speed player Chris Robinson beats Tony Chohan in round 4 of the banks o_O

P.S. And the Ghost this weekend, like a lot of older guys, is nostalgic for the DCC of 20 years ago ⏳, when Efren was playing Cliff for $$$ in the action room...and Jack Cooney was playing for 50,000 in the action room...and guys named Buddy Hall, Nick Varner, Bugs, Ronnie Allen, and Cornbread Red were playing in the One Pocket tournament.

P.P.S. And last but not least..I miss those bags of delicious, hot, praline crusted cashews that a vendor sold by the main entrance of the tournament room ⭐

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Dang...I get here early this morning and the draw comes out for 1p... my first match isn't until 10am tommorrow!

At least I drew an fish round 1

Some guy named Jeremy Jones :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Dang...I get here early this morning and the draw comes out for 1p... my first match isn't until 10am tommorrow!

At least I drew an fish round 1

Some guy named Jeremy Jones :)
Well, might as well get the champion out of the way in the first match. If you lose you might get an average player to go up against.

JJ will not let you see your hole much, and it's going to be a challenge to out move him, so if you get a makeable shot, you might as well take it.

I see Chicago Mike drew Bustamante, so our guys aren't getting good luck of the draws...:(

~Doc