Deuel vs Owen -- WWYD 3

cincy_kid

Verified Member
This is the last one from this match and also the one I am most interested to see what you guys would do here.

Gabe's shot this time, his hole is bottom left

Gabe only needs 2, Corey needs 4.

WWYD?

1597262053561.png

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Have to move the green ball... laying behind it is tough, so I would just kick it with a high cb and with some speed... Trying to 2/3 rail it near my side pocket... just keep it simple here, don’t see much else...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Have to move the green ball... laying behind it is tough, so I would just kick it with a high cb and with some speed... Trying to 2/3 rail it near my side pocket... just keep it simple here, don’t see much else...
That's the shot I like.
If he can cross the 6, it's a distant possibility, but it's a tough CB track after the hit.

HowardK

Verified Member
I like playing a 2 rail kick. Kicking he 6 towards my hole leaving the cue ball behind the other balls protecting the ball by my hole.

beatle

Verified Member
if i was playing one of them i cut in the stripe ball for a chance to win.
against a weak player i hit the 6 up table from behind
a medium speed player i soft bank the 6 to the middle of the short rail and leave him up table.

oh wait i missed it. i might roll the 6 in. might be the only shot i remain a favorite when his turn comes

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I like playing a 2 rail kick. Kicking he 6 towards my hole leaving the cue ball behind the other balls protecting the ball by my hole.
im not sure I see the shot you mean Ben, 2 rail kick , his long rail, short rail then hit the 6, cb up table?

Island Drive

Verified Member
im not sure I see the shot you mean Ben, 2 rail kick , his long rail, short rail then hit the 6, cb up table?
If the lines drawn, reflected true obj. ball path....then Whitey has Scratch written all over it.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
That's a very hard shot. Also, the cue ball will go to the side rail as the second rail if you hit the 6 thin enough to keep it near the foot rail.

I like kicking off the foot rail to hit the 6 full and send it about where the cue ball is now.

catkins

Verified Member
I don't think I could shoot it but the 15 looks so good on the carom and the 8 goes to your pocket as well. I believe I would just cross the 6 out up table and leave the cue ball on the foot rail

Cory in dc

Verified Member
This is 100% what I saw *for me*.

The kick off the long rail to push the 6 over to Gabe's pocket doesn't look close to a scratch, so long as he can hit it close to correct to making it. So I could see a great player shooting that, too. Chohan probably would. One risk is that the stack protects the 6 too well and you force Duel to shoot and make the 4-ball bank. But the goal on the kick is to leave the cue ball up towards the 3rd diamond where the kiss is in play.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
nobody likes shooting the 8, carom off the 6 to your hole, CB goes behind green ball and kicks it toward your hole?

Not saying that;s what Gabe did, just surprised no one has mentioned that one yet.

12squared

Verified Member
Just waiting for my roomie to chime in with his spin bank of the 6 running the cueball into the balls by the spot. Groan

OneRock

Verified Member
It's a classic kick and stick. Send the green ball 2/3 rails towards your side and protect it with that 3-ball cluster. No other option compares.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
well, I agree with Jeff and everyone who posted the kick and stick...it seemed kind of obvious to me. The main reason I posted this one was because I feel that Gabe has a lot of one pocket knowledge and moves very well, so maybe he just made the wrong decision here or played a bad shot like we all do sometimes.

Take a look at what he did. He is supposed to lose the entire match on that shot (and almost did), take a look at Corey's inning after Gabe's shot too...