Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

lll

Verified Member
steve had great notes working with you ghost. i bought them from him for 20,000 bucks a while back. it has helped my game a lot.
i am pissed..... :cool:
he sold it to you for 20,000 dollars and he charged me 25,000 dollars

unoperro

Verified Member
All I know for certain is,there is no,zero,zip,nada chance of a dbl kiss banking the 15 to get on the 14.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FBpg54h7TSGfZ71W9
I thought I would do the 3 ball cross corner bank for you guys since there is quite a debate as to the kiss involved when playing for shape on the 5. Then I just decided to keep on pocketing balls. Got a little upset for shooting the 14 so hard and losing position, so I shut down the video, but I guess I had a bank for the 8th ball.
But for you guys that can set this up, it is a good/fun exercise to see how well you can run the balls.
Just a fun thing! Whitey

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
Thanks mon...
...matter of fact bro, over the years, several different people/players have told me that I need to write a One Pocket book, or make a DVD, but I just never have got the energy together to do it......relating to that subject, here's an interesting anecdote that nobody here knows of...

I first met our Commander, Steve Booth, about 18 years ago, a coupla years before he launched onepocket.org....when we first talked back then, Steve told me that he was considering writing a One Pocket book, and had started writing down his thoughts to that end...we then discussed my collaborating with him on this book, and I started sending him some ideas, formats, content, etc...and then...

Somehow life got in the way and it never happened 😟 ...I think maybe Steve got the idea for onepocket.org, and decided to put all of his energy into creating this site instead.
It would be great to have that book finished! If this lockdown goes on for a while, it may help you and Steve turn your mind to finishing the book. At least something good will come of all this lockdown kerfuffle.

Cheers,
Terry (or mon if preferred)

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FBpg54h7TSGfZ71W9
I thought I would do the 3 ball cross corner bank for you guys since there is quite a debate as to the kiss involved when playing for shape on the 5. Then I just decided to keep on pocketing balls. Got a little upset for shooting the 14 so hard and losing position, so I shut down the video, but I guess I had a bank for the 8th ball.
But for you guys that can set this up, it is a good/fun exercise to see how well you can run the balls.
Just a fun thing! Whitey
Good shooting Whitey! There is obviously a lot more angle than I thought so it's nowhere near a kiss when playing for shape on the 5.

Rt66

Verified Member
Thnku for the post, Mr. Ghost!

I like, especially from angle in second pic, banking the three to get on the five with coverage benefit on the three if not pocketed, the run options if pocketed. If I happen to get too high on the five, nice opportunity still present with nine moving balls toward hole, freezing cue ball on the five.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
So then…as most on here chose, and as I also would have chosen..John banked the 3 and played his cueball to shape up the 15…and I believe that he played defense at the same time = hitting it at pocket speed so that in case he missed the bank he wouldn’t give up the cut shot on the 5…

He missed the bank by a hair, and although his speed control was successful in not giving up a shot on the 5, he did leave a bank on the 15, if Donn wants to shoot it with John’s 5ball hanging…..here’s how it came out >>>

004.JPG

Kybanks

Verified Member
A little more speed and the ball would of probably walked in. Just a guess that he hit it a hair heavy on where the cb ended up. Now he's gotta dodge the some offense coming.

beatle

Verified Member
of course you shoot with all those open balls. now

john babied the shot and turned a game winning shot into a game losing one. you only do that if that is the only way to not leave a shot on a tough bank if you miss. but if you are going to leave shots if you miss you dont hit things at pocket speed.

lll

Verified Member
of course you shoot with all those open balls. now

john babied the shot and turned a game winning shot into a game losing one. you only do that if that is the only way to not leave a shot on a tough bank if you miss. but if you are going to leave shots if you miss you dont hit things at pocket speed.
duly noted .... 👍

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Yes , either dive or don't dive, don't kinda dive, you always end up on the rocks.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
I think some might even cut the 5 from there instead of banking the 15.... 9 oclock LHE...

jtompilot

Verified Member
I think some might even cut the 5 from there instead of banking the 15.... 9 oclock LHE...
Banking the 15 can be the beginning of running out. You can’t win if you never shoot but the 5 is very low percentage

unoperro

Verified Member
I am curious why I was the only 1 who preferred banking the 15 over the 3?
Did the discussion just get in that rut or is the 3 really a better starting point?

jtompilot

Verified Member
I am curious why I was the only 1 who preferred banking the 15 over the 3?
Did the discussion just get in that rut or is the 3 really a better starting point?
Im talking about the return after missing the 3