Donn vs. Rich 3 wwyd?

Kybanks

Verified Member
From what I see, it appears you will need to cut into the 3 ball bank a little and follow off the 12 ball to the rail. I'm not passing up a bank that I'm a big favorite to make and win the game with.

sappo

Verified Member
^ Hey Keith, Bill, & Ben....youse three guys are going to have to give up pool and take up a new game/sport now 😳 cuz beatle says you three have no chance of ever again beating anyone o_O :LOL: 👻
Who cares what Beatle says!! Keith

Tobermory

Verified Member
bank the 8, control the rock, don't mess with the 3...completely safe unless butchered, easy shape on the 4 if it goes...only an overconfident 9 ball player would mess with the 3 at this point

lll

Verified Member
3 bank play position on the 13 then break out the other two and you got the game. this is elementary watson.

to shoot anything else is to have givien up on the game and any chances of ever beating anyone.
what he said
i would follow to the side rail tho to force rich to kick at his ball bank the 13 or make my ball
the bank on the 3 lays real good to make

lll

Verified Member
if i get it close and he kicks at his ball
he makes mine next
now its 5-4 my shot
if he banks the 13 and makes his ball
could be a long game

vapros

Verified Member
I'm with Larry and all them guys. Bank the 3 ball. I can't imagine any other shot is better.

catkins

Verified Member
I am either banking the three firm with draw one rail for the 8 or crossing the the one with inside to leave the thirteen. depends on how good I am banking and how loose I am. I feel the three has to be the shot but it looks from the angle that the roll shot collides to full with the 12.

Hardmix

Verified Member
^ Hey Keith, Bill, & Ben....youse three guys are going to have to give up pool and take up a new game/sport now 😳 cuz beatle says you three have no chance of ever again beating anyone o_O :LOL: 👻

Well Beatle is certainly entitled to his opinion.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
If he gives me 15 to 3 I will make him have nightmares about shooting at his pocket muahahahaha I will even wear my corona helmet.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Well, if Mitch was still around, I'm sure he would be banking the 4 straight back whilst 3-railing his cueball around to shoot the 13 next, and then run on out o_O

jtompilot

Verified Member
Well, if Mitch was still around, I'm sure he would be banking the 4 straight back whilst 3-railing his cueball around to shoot the 13 next, and then run on out o_O
I was wondering when someone was going to shoot the 4 and play three rail shape. 😎😭🤪🤣

Miller

Verified Member
I’ll weigh in. Having somewhat of a handle on Donn’s game, I’m guessing he played one of three shots:

(1) Crossed the 8 to his side and spun whitey under/on top of the 15. As a Ghost protégé, this shot is well within his arsenal and I’ve been on the receiving end of it.

(2) Banked the 3 and froze whitey on top of the stack.

(3) Banked the 3 and made it, went forward leaving himself the 13 and an opportunity to nudge the 12/1 into play.

I’m going with option #3 what DWS played.

An alternative view…. Up only 1 ball and possibly not comfortable with the count vs what Ghost describes as a shooter/ball pocketer, maybe a couple different options:

(1) Hero shot #1. That 4 screams bank me with inside and send whitey around 3 rails. Get within a diamond of the long rail and underneath the 8, you’re safe on the 15, you’ve got the 13, and/or cover if it hangs up.

(2) Hero shot #2. (I actually like this shot and play it – Figueroa calls it my “caca shot” and gets irritated at me whenever I swing at it….lol....I've actually seen his ears turn red 🙂). That 1 looks wired. Bank the 8 into the top side of 12, spin all the way around three rails (maybe even bump out that 15). After all, taking care of jojo concerning the 15 – the 8 is his real threat ball. (I know…sounds like keyboard warrior stuff…but Miller 😮, Chohan and Frost shoot it.)

Maybe 5 or 6 days from now, Ghost will tell us what Donn actually played.......😎

Last edited:

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
if I leave a shot it will only be a extreme back cut.
The collision-induced spin will check the 8 off the cushion so you have to overcut it a bit to make it. I'm not convinced the angle and speed are there to only leave a severe cut on the 4. I'm itching to try the shot but the Government has locked me up!

Hardmix

Verified Member
The 3 is a pretty easy bank it does need to be cut which will send the cb into the 12. Because of that, you need to strike the 3 with more pace than pocket speed to ensure you have enough separation of the cb and the 12. While still easy, if you happen to botch it your "shooter" opponent is going to bank the 1 or 13 into 11 and put a hurting on you.

That said, while this WWYD appears fairly straight forward, I think it is one of those where you need to be at the table to decide on which shot suits you best at the time.