Donn vs. Rich 3 wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Absolutely Larry...there's easily enough room for the cueball to pass the 12 without touching it when banking the 3ball - just a touch of inside english is all that would be needed.
P.S. The only slight downside to banking and making the 3 at pocket speed, while following forward to the long rail to shoot the 11 next, is that you will end up shooting a thin cut on the 11, from off the rail, (possible to miss for an average player)...rather than having a preferable simple shot on the 11, as in, less of a cut and not shooting off the rail.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Guys, on another note since Frank the Barber's name has come up on this thread. I have been trying to phone him off and on a few times going back 3 months or so. I tried to call him to do today and could get through. Does someone have some info. thanks, Whitey

wincardona

Verified Member
Thanks Billy. Back at you. Sorry to disappoint, Ghostie, but I would bank the 8 and lay uptable in his corner so that even if I miss he needs to deal with it rather than cut that ball in by his hole. I haven’t read the replies so not sure what anyone chose. The old me would have banked that 4 but since I am retired I can finally come off the WWYD stall 🤣.
Mitch, retired? Does that mean you quit playing one pocket? Or you quit the forum? I was wondering why I haven't read any of your posts but I'm glad that your healthy and still around. I wish you would start to post again missing your aggressive style. I haven't been an active poster as of late been busy with trying to get through this pandemic its been a struggle for me and I'm assuming many others as well. Hope your doing well, stay safe.

Dr. Bill

Scrzbill

Verified Member
I am pretty sure I can make the 3 ball bank and then it is straight shooting. If I decide I cant make it, I will slow bank the three to end up on the bottom rail with the cue ball frozen to the 12, top of the stack. Banking the 8 is out for me. Banking the 13 does not leave me with good shot after I make it.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Ok so Donn shot the shot that 1/2 of the posters also liked - he banked the 3 at pocket speed, planning to shoot the 11 next...he missed the bank by a hair, and it came out like this >>>

beatle

Verified Member
right shot but wrong speed. you shoot at pocket speed shots you are likely to miss so you leave it near the hole and play safe with the cueball.

shots you are going to make you hit more firm to make it and go on. shooting pocket speed sets you up to miss the shot.

vapros

Verified Member
Beatle, I'm pretty sure you are right, but I don't know why. Can you help?

Miller

Verified Member
good wwyd ghosty. thanks for feeding the beast.

curious of your critique of donn's shot and if you see it as correct.....

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
shots you are going to make you hit more firm to make it and go on. shooting pocket speed sets you up to miss the shot.
I like this observation. This was best played to make, and leave the CB off the rail about 4 or 5 inches.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Mitch, retired? Does that mean you quit playing one pocket? Or you quit the forum? I was wondering why I haven't read any of your posts but I'm glad that your healthy and still around. I wish you would start to post again missing your aggressive style. I haven't been an active poster as of late been busy with trying to get through this pandemic its been a struggle for me and I'm assuming many others as well. Hope your doing well, stay safe.

Dr. Bill
Hey Bill. Thanks for asking. Retired from action and pool for now. Combination of Burnout, a new job which has me working 12 hour days, some parent related illness, and now the world in general just have re-aligned my mind and priorities for the moment. It’s all cyclical so I’m sure it will change eventually but I don’t see that happening anytime soon and that’s ok. I do still watch pool and love 1p so I will try to check in more than I have been. I do love my 1p.org brethren. Miller pulled me up last week with a call and told me to get my butt on here, which I appreciate (love that guy). Glad you are well, Billy and I hope your back is healing nicely. See you around, Dr! Your friend, Mitch

beatle

Verified Member
the break from pool will do you good and bring you back stronger. dont hurry life is short.

catkins

Verified Member
so if he was holding up the three ball I am guessing if he rolled it it ran long as he was playing the cueball more than the bank?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
so if he was holding up the three ball I am guessing if he rolled it it ran long as he was playing the cueball more than the bank?
I don't think so Chris...he was totally meaning to make the bank, but just happened to miss it by a tad.