Francisco Bustamante vs Justin Bergman-Action Match February 21-23rd-8 Ball-One Pocket-10 Ball

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Friday - Saturday - Sunday February 21-23rd

Live From Racks on The Rocks in West Peoria, Illinois

Hall of Famer Django Francisco Bustamante vs Mosconi Cup Team USA's The Iceberg Justin Bergman.

8 Ball-One Pocket-10 Ball - All Around Match

It's The Best Two Out Of Three Sets.

8 Ball on Friday Night, One Pocket on Saturday & The Tie Breaker will be 10 Ball if needed on Sunday.

All Matches Played on 9ft Diamond Table.

Live Stream Coverage at www.PoolActionTV.com

1581755876704.png

Here is the table they are playing on guys

Nice Diamond 9ft

1581756018158.png

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Will there be a shot clock????????????

I followed the verbal drool of the AZ posters who paid to watch the last Bergman/Morra match, no one liked J.B's SloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW play.

I would Never enjoy watching....... an Up/Down/Walk around match.

I hope that this fact was included in your production (shot clock) not only for you, but for EVERYONE and for the Game.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Seems like a lot of games of 8-ball for one evening. Theoretically there could be 49 games. Maybe most of the games will be run-out, so they'll move along quickly. Also, if they get to the 3rd set, race to 30 10-ball could theoretically get to 59 games. Of course if they get to the 3rd set, it'll be for the whole Marianne-- whatever it is they're playing for.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Seems like a lot of games of 8-ball for one evening. Theoretically there could be 49 games. Maybe most of the games will be run-out, so they'll move along quickly. Also, if they get to the 3rd set, race to 30 10-ball could theoretically get to 59 games. Of course if they get to the 3rd set, it'll be for the whole Marianne-- whatever it is they're playing for.

I'd almost Bet....that JB won't run a rack of 8 ball in ten minutes, the entire match....tho who would have the patience to do that, I'd even bet against that also. :)

It will be interesting to see how/if Busty can handle slow play. Tho at his age, it could benefit em, he will get loooooooong rests between safeties and misses'. And those Pinoys ''work it'' as well as anybody.

I've only found one way to beat the ''Iceman'' & it works. To beat the up/down/walk around pool player. Turn your back to the table and detach and engage with your friends at a table side viewpoint. That is as distracting as this other type of play cadence.

Maxwell

Verified Member

That's a good question, is there a bet or is it an exhibition, it could affect interest.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada

Starts tonight 6pm Central

Friday Night Is 8 Ball Race to 25

Saturday Night One Pocket Race to 8

10 Ball Sunday if needed

Commentary from Billiards Digest's Larry Schwartz and special guests Mark Wilson & Nick Varner.

1582289181799.png

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Agreed &,,,,,,,,,,,
Since I'm from the Chi town area. I've been told that Bernies mind is like a vault. He remembers Everything, forgets nothing, and can hold it in....and does till ??????????? Just sayin' :giggle:...................

chicagomike

Verified Member
Agreed &,,,,,,,,,,,
Since I'm from the Chi town area. I've been told that Bernies mind is like a vault. He remembers Everything, forgets nothing, and can hold it in....and does till ??????????? Just sayin' :giggle:...................
Bernie who?

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i think Justin will win 8 ball and if needed 10 ball. he doesn't have to lose the one pocket either.
i've always liked 8 ball - its such a foundational game - think i'll try to catch some of this this evening.
neat format. (however, watching 10 ball to me is like watching paint dry....)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Nick Varner? Great player and commentator, also, but gimme an over/under on how many times he says 'I tell you what'. :rolleyes: