Francisco Bustamante vs Tony Chohan-One Pocket Action-June 16th-17th-18th

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Kind of amazing, not that many people watching the match at Buffs.
There's so much action at that room that no one gets overly excited at any given match. Maybe if the stakes were REAL high, that might get more sweaters. Plus I guess they both live there now, so it ain't nuthin special. Maybe Busty doesn't live there. Dunno.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Another great day of OP. They both showcased their talents. I was wondering what size are the pockets. The rails are reacting very well by the pockets, making for the banks and others shots to be hit cleanly.
I feel smaller pockets allows for better digging out of balls.

I notice before the match, that the players were discussing the foul called on Django. But when there is a gap, and even if you elevate the cue, it does not allow you to push through the ob. But Tony was wrong with his follow up statement that if they were froze then you still have to elevate the cue, that is not a rule. Actually there are no specific detailed rules pertaining to close proximity shots in either wpa or bcapl. I thought I'd bring this up, for in the rule committee this is one area we have discussed in detail.

Looking forward to tonight's finally. Whitey

beatle

Verified Member
my rule when you play is you have to tell the shooter he may foul with a double hit, and then explain why and both have to agree on something before the shot.
ive always played you raise to 45 degrees and do what you want. opponent determines what 45 degrees is as you are lining up the shot. works both ways for each player so equal justice.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
my rule when you play is you have to tell the shooter he may foul with a double hit, and then explain why and both have to agree on something before the shot.
ive always played you raise to 45 degrees and do what you want. opponent determines what 45 degrees is as you are lining up the shot. works both ways for each player so equal justice.
The players did discuss the shot before Django shot it. But, they also had someone come over and call the hit. It was clearly a foul, at least in some players world. The problem is DCC has this year declared no foul once you elevate, and I think this is where Django got confused, plus JJ stated that these match ups usually play by DCC rules.
Most all pros would call a foul, and most all pros would except it with out question, just DCC has confused the shot. Whitey

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
What a match!!!

Final day three today, live play starts at 5pm central.

Tony lead 8-7 after day one.

Bustamante leads 16-14 after two days of battle.

If you like One Pocket action this is about as good as it gets!!

Get a pass and sweat the thrilling conclusion.

Full online HD production with multiple camera angles,instant replays & expert commentary from Jeremy Jones.

PPV Passes on sale at www.PoolActionTV.com

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Another great day of OP. They both showcased their talents. I was wondering what size are the pockets. The rails are reacting very well by the pockets, making for the banks and others shots to be hit cleanly.
I feel smaller pockets allows for better digging out of balls.

Looking forward to tonight's finally. Whitey

I thought J said they were four and a quarter or four and an eighth. Tight enough. Makes the shot go off in your hand, sometimes...Even Busty, a few times...

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
Score 17/16 Tony. Did busty foul while using the bridg thing into the three ball. Josh Roberts called it good. Questionable for sure. Tony was quite upset after the game

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I didn't see the controversy. Im getting a lot of freeze ups tonight for some reason... of course it could be on my end lol

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bustamante looks to be getting tired score 22-19 Busty. He has shot several shots that lends to mental fatigue. Normally after fatigue sets in then, you start jumping on your shot, especially in pressure situations. I look for Tony to make a comeback. Anyways it's been a great match I hope it ends that way as well.

Dr. Bill

keoneyo

Verified Member
Busty winner, chicken dinner. 24 to 22.
Great playing. Tony was playing great but just didnt get over the line this time.
Busty just wouldnt give up.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Congrats to Francisco Bustamante
He won 24-22 in a thriller.
Both players played fantastic.
Tony battled it out like a true champion
That was one great match

1592557368315.png

1592557383002.png

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
That late game around 18-18 that Tony lost -- he had jumped out to 6-0 lead, but then Busty nibbled back. At one point when Tony made a bank for what would have been his 7th ball, he pocket scratched in the far corner, so he fell back to 5 and Busty ended up taking the lead. After an extended "end game" battle, finally Tony made a great twice across bank with little room to spare across the foot of the table, and had a fairly simple cut shot to win the game from fairly close in. I think he was worried about scratching either in the opposite side or the far corner, but anyway he missed that shot to win kinda badly and Busty made a long cut to steal that game from Tony. That was the match in a nushell as I saw it, because otherwise they battled back and forth pretty evenly.

You can certainly see Busty might be the best banker in the world right now -- he absolutely swished so many tough banks!! I would like to see him battle Brumback -- but I believe Brumback would only play him full rack, and I'm not sure how much experience Busty has with full rack Banks. That would be an amazing match to watch -- are you listening Ray?