Fs: Rare antique pool cue stick 1920-30 era harvey martin

witty

Up for your consideration is this nice antique pool cue. I believe it is an early Harvey Martin and potentially one of his first ever made. I would say it has about an 1/8" deviation. There is some minor insect damage to the black bands that separate the white bands. There is an additional tip that was acquired with this cue that matches the maker but does not fit this cue. I will keep the three pieces together and ship all three pieces and case.

Asking $2150 shipped am open to reasonable offer. PM for more info
Pictures upon request

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Up for your consideration is this nice antique pool cue. I believe it is an early Harvey Martin and potentially one of his first ever made. I would say it has about an 1/8" deviation. There is some minor insect damage to the black bands that separate the white bands. There is an additional tip that was acquired with this cue that matches the maker but does not fit this cue. I will keep the three pieces together and ship all three pieces and case.

Asking $2150 shipped am open to reasonable offer. PM for more info
Pictures upon request

Some pics would be nice?

witty

oops! just saw this. Here are some pics

Attachments

• cue.jpg
    cue.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 30
  • cue1.jpg
    cue1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 30
  • cue2.jpg
    cue2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 27
  • cue3.jpg
    cue3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 25
  • cue4.jpg
    cue4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 23

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
oops! just saw this. Here are some pics

Witty, from what I can see, and what I know about Harvey Martin cues, this is NOT one of his. One indicator, right off the bat is, that screw is WAY to long! I know of ALL the ivory handle cues he made, they were NOT in this style. They were ALL birds eye maple forearm and butt.

Here are perfect examples of his cues, along with ivory handle.

View attachment 24117

View attachment 24118

View attachment 24119

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
I'm late to this thread but this cue looks like a Valley Cue Conversion. Probably from the late 60's or 70's. Somebody used a Valley Cue to experiment in cue making. Mr. 3C, I'm jealouss of you Martin collection. Very nice indeed.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I'm late to this thread but this cue looks like a Valley Cue Conversion. Probably from the late 60's or 70's. Somebody used a Valley Cue to experiment in cue making. Mr. 3C, I'm jealouss of you Martin collection. Very nice indeed.

I wish! Jerry, the cues are NOT mine! The photos are from a site for Harvey Martin cues.

Martin and Martin style cues have always been my favorite, no frills, just a SOLID hitting birds eye/ivory flat face joint!

But, the ivory handle cue was Allen Gilbert's! He sold it to a wealthy man in Mexico for about $30k, many years ago.

Last edited: