ill try to show severral situations from this match
here is a little layout to get things started
svb 1-0 in games (race to 3)
gentile 5-0 in ball count this game
its shanes shot
cs1.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
Shane needs to do something aggressive here or he will lose the game anyway.

Hard to tell from the pic but he could shoot at the 9 ball and billiard?

He could cross bank the ball near G's pocket and take out the ball on the rail with the cue ball? Very risky.

Need a better pic.

Bill S.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
The shot I like is banking the 13 and going back down to where the cb is now, maybe a little to the left of there.

The other shot here that i'd need a better angle of the table to know if id shoot it is roll the six and play to freeze on those 2 balls near shanes side rail.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Shane needs to do something aggressive here or he will lose the game anyway.

Hard to tell from the pic but he could shoot at the 9 ball and billiard?

He could cross bank the ball near G's pocket and take out the ball on the rail with the cue ball? Very risky.

Need a better pic.

Bill S.

thats the only view given bill...:(
could you describe your billiard shot in alittle more detail please??

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The shot I like is banking the 13 and going back down to where the cb is now, maybe a little to the left of there.

The other shot here that i'd need a better angle of the table to know if id shoot it is roll the six and play to freeze on those 2 balls near shanes side rail.

tyler using our numbering system is everything the same in your post??
also if the 2 shots you are considering are available
which is your favorite??
and why??
pros/cons of each??

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I am going to snitch something off for the sharp eyed and sharp minded. I am going to forego the deep inner reasons why. With the score as it is (5 -0), cut the 8 in with follow and go all out. Suffice to say that there are many reasons why one must do that, the score being the main one, but I am not going to go into all that at this moment. This is big time, last page onepocket.

I would shoot the 8 as described above, even as bad as I shoot now, against any human, and for any amount. Now think about how good Shane shoots and why that would be the last shot I would want him to take if I was his opponent.

Beard

Anybody want more explanation why, come to my house and take a lesson. Anyone who thinks the shot is too risky or reckless, or whatever, that's your loss. I aint gonna argue it with you.

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm not shooting the 8 but I might shoot the 15 ball if it goes.

Bill S.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I also....

I also....

....shoot the 15 if it goes and I can hit it.However,if I shoot like SVB I shoot the 8,no question,cheers,B

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Looks like a almost full half pocket. :D
Rod.

We will soon find out. If he has a pocket Shane will certainly shoot the six, if he doesnt then he should shoot the eight ball, but he might not know enough to do that, and look to do something "smart."

My credo is, if you are way behind look to do something others might call "dumb."

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
That's what I generally do. :D
Rod.

I have to think Shane will shoot the 6 ball, pocket speed, if he has 1/2 or 3/4 of a pocket.. He doesn't HAVE to lose the game, from there, even if he misses... My second choice, would be Tyler, or Stroud's shot...The cross bank on the 11 ball..Even as straight as Shane shoots, I don't see him betting the game, on a shot as tough as the 8 ball..;)

Last edited: