Ghost vs. Barry 7 wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
My shot --- my pocket is at the far left, by the 11ball --- ball score is 2-2, both now going to 8 --- wwyd ----->

vapros

Verified Member
I'm banking the 13 ball toward my pocket, with the primary purpose of leaving Jojo on the long rail above the 7-4 combination. It was tempting to bank the 15 into the 4 and leave Jojo right there, but that is a weak shot. Barry would just bank the 1 ball into the stack and send me up table with poor options. I like me from here.

Kybanks

Verified Member
Bank the 8 ball cross corner and drag the cb to the corner pocket, first choice. Second choice is to thin the 1 ball and park em behind the 15 ball.

NH Steve

Administrator
I'm definitely not going to leave the 4 and the 15 both there -- that's way too strong a position for my opponent. I'm shooting the 15 into the 4 so at least one of them is leaving. I'm not blasting, because I don't want the 15 caroming off the 4 and leaving a bank. I'm leaving the cue right there replacing the 15, or maybe pulling the cue ball a little more towards the middle of the foot rail.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
My shot --- my pocket is at the far left, by the 11ball --- ball score is 2-2, both now going to 8 --- wwyd ----->
I’m thinning the 1 and locking him up behind the 15. It’s close quarters so I’m sure I’m going to hit this real good.

A better but riskier shot is to bank the 13 and double him up on the 7-4 combo.

lll

Verified Member
I'm definitely not going to leave the 4 and the 15 both there -- that's way too strong a position for my opponent. I'm shooting the 15 into the 4 so at least one of them is leaving. I'm not blasting, because I don't want the 15 caroming off the 4 and leaving a bank. I'm leaving the cue right there replacing the 15, or maybe pulling the cue ball a little more towards the middle of the foot rail.
I agree steve
his balls above and below his pocket will continue to be problem and you have a great chance to take care of it now
If I felt comfortable I might follow the Q ball through the 15 to try and get in back of the stack and hide the one ball

cincy_kid

Verified Member
All good shots mentioned except I think trying to get behind the 15 off the 1 is asking for trouble. It may be easier for me to get behind the 15 off the 8 ball.

I like the 2 double up shots but I think its easier to do shooting the 13 but i personally favor the 8 bank into the 11...

If the bet was high I'm taking out the 2 balls though...

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
10-9-1 combo looks very close to being dead :) If it is, I’m banking the 8 into the 10 and going a bit forward with the CB.

P.S. I should probably dilute my Gordons a bit more :)

catkins

Verified Member
cross the 15 up table and play the cue ball into the 11 to make

beatle

Verified Member
bank the 13. if you miss and hang it then he is behind the 7 or just straight in on the 4 and you have your balls protected by the stack

if you make it which you should here and get behind the 7 you can use the 7 ,4 , 15 clean out to send those 3 balls towards your side and hide him with the stack somewhat. if the 15 doesnt go away he has a long shot at one ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
That's the sensible shot, for sure. It is laying a little funny, requiring a slight cut to the left in order to remove both balls. Ideally it would be nice to draw whitey uptable to prevent a bank on the 1 ball, but I don't have that kind of stroke. So I'd likely just leave the CB there. It doesn't put the opponent in any trouble, but it takes away his commanding position.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Bank the 15 into the rail to hit just under the 4 ball and carom back to my pocket ,4 ball leaves town , stop cueball right there, pocket speed, no need to careen around madly , this is a great shot even a lot of good players don't recognise. Dang it , I am always putting the wrong numbers on balls. I had the 4 being the 2 ball sorry.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
Getting froze to the back 15 off the 1 looks like a easy obvious trap and probably my choice. Banking the 13 isnt bad if you can miss it on purpose and get it real close because you might get to bank his 8 when he clears it.

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
if you look ahead he will want as one of his better possibilities to be in a position on his next turn to be able to shoot the 7 in the back pocket and leave you straight in on the 4 ball and no shot at your pocket. so leaving him down by his pocket is not good.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
That's the sensible shot, for sure. It is laying a little funny, requiring a slight cut to the left in order to remove both balls. Ideally it would be nice to draw whitey uptable to prevent a bank on the 1 ball, but I don't have that kind of stroke. So I'd likely just leave the CB there. It doesn't put the opponent in any trouble, but it takes away his commanding position.
Top left should get both balls out and whitey behind the stack?