Ghost vs. Barry 8 wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Interesting situation here......My shot --- my pocket is at the top center, behind the 4ball --- ball score is 1-1, both now going to 8 --- I just made a short cross-corner bank, and I shot 1 inch too hard to have the 12 next, and 1 inch too soft to have the 7 next :mad:, leaving myself here --- wwyd? ----->

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
Thin the one ball into the eleven ball with pace and bring the cueball back and attempt to pocket the two ball.

El Chapo

Verified Member
just roll onto the 11 i dont even care where the five and nine go just stick him, even if you have to foul.

lll

Verified Member
5 into 9
Roll onto the 11
vapros shot gets honorable mention

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
Interesting situation here......My shot --- my pocket is at the top center, behind the 4ball --- ball score is 1-1, both now going to 8 --- I just made a short cross-corner bank, and I shot 1 inch too hard to have the 12 next, and 1 inch too soft to have the 7 next :mad:, leaving myself here --- wwyd? ----->
Rail ball/rail....make the 2 freeze whitey on the head rail. High percentage of freezing cue ball.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I would probably shoot the 5 into the 9 and try to freeze him on the 11. I think I can shoot firm unless the 9 is likely to graze the 13 and come back into the 11 off the long rail.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I will hit the right side of the 5 less than 1/4 full moving it towards the foot rail, for I need a ball there! The cb hit with high reverse coming off side rail and ending up in-between 9 & 3 protecting my balls. Whitey

rnewkirk

Verified Member
Ghostie, no doubt about it - I will roll in the 2 ball and leave Jojo right there,
Larry, For me Vapros gets 1st place. From the looks of the angles I can see, it may be hard to contact the balls full enough
to be effective.

lll

Verified Member
Larry, how/where are you getting a rail? - or are you taking an intentional with your shot?
I edited my original post to say five ball
instead of one ball
From the first diagram it looks like I can hit the one pretty full which should give it enough pace to make it and/or the nine hit a rail and drift on top of the 11
If not a foul at this stage is not the end of the world

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
Larry, For me Vapros gets 1st place. From the looks of the angles I can see, it may be hard to contact the balls full enough
to be effective.
I’m starting to like it more Robert

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
I like playing right hand english off the edge of the 5 missing the 9 with the 5 and banking the cue ball off the side rail back short of the 2 on his side rail. . Trying to play all cue ball to protect the 7 with the 8. 5 should be on my side and no threat now too...

Jakie

Verified Member
to be effective.
I would shoot the 5-11 combination into the left side of the 7 ball. The 11 goes toward your pocket and the cut angle on the one ball allows you to bring the cue back to where it is on the long rail. I want to protect my advantage here but from uptable my opponent has options that will cause me problems.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
i would shoot the 5 into the 11 and carom off the 7 , emphasis on cueball to about 2 to 21/2 diamonds up rail you are on now

Kybanks

Verified Member
Thin the 5 into the 11, send the cb into the foot rail and towards the 2 ball. Would be perfect if the cb sat beside the 2 ball on the end rail

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I might hit that 5 stiff into the 9 as full as I could get it and lag the CB up on the 11.
The 5 will carom down to the rail, 9 will probably graze the 3 which will drift to just pass the 12. 3 will push the 13 to touch off the 1. Make sure to not hit the 11, and leave the CB on it.
Leaves opponent a couple looks up-table but.., acceptable.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
I am leery of putting several balls in motion at once, depending on each of them to go where I thought it would. Especially when I am not in a bind for a good shot. Just my own preference, of course.

Nick B

Verified Member
This looks sensible. Double him up. Takes away a threat and opens up another ball or two. Checks all the boxes.

1591654800082.png