Ghost vs. Barry 8 wwyd?

catkins

Verified Member
I am rolling the 5 ball off the 9 main focus is to leave one ball on the base rail and cue ball on the 11

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
5/9/3 moving a bunch of balls and rolling up to the 11.
I also like Nicks shot

poolboy79

Well-Known-Member
I like taking an intentional right on top of the 5. Let my opponent commit to making first move that buys him time, however might open something up for me. I have best position and I want to preserve it.

jtompilot

Verified Member
I like taking an intentional right on top of the 5. Let my opponent commit to making first move that buys him time, however might open something up for me. I have best position and I want to preserve it.
Tap back to ya😁

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I would shoot the 5-11 combination into the left side of the 7 ball. The 11 goes toward your pocket and the cut angle on the one ball allows you to bring the cue back to where it is on the long rail. I want to protect my advantage here but from uptable my opponent has options that will cause me problems.
We must have been working on our posts at the same time, your my guy if ya never beat anybody, but a blind orphan with chicken pox.

El Chapo

Verified Member
I edited my original post to say five ball
instead of one ball
From the first diagram it looks like I can hit the one pretty full which should give it enough pace to make it and/or the nine hit a rail and drift on top of the 11
If not a foul at this stage is not the end of the world
not only is it not the end of the world, but if you hit that good it is a good spot to be in even on one.

J.R.

Verified Member
I am shooting the 5-ball into the 9-ball with the mindset on getting my cue ball to freeze to or get as close as possible to the 11-ball.

wincardona

Verified Member
Interesting situation here......My shot --- my pocket is at the top center, behind the 4ball --- ball score is 1-1, both now going to 8 --- I just made a short cross-corner bank, and I shot 1 inch too hard to have the 12 next, and 1 inch too soft to have the 7 next :mad:, leaving myself here --- wwyd? ----->
Looks like the 5ball into the 9ball is the popular choice which I agree with 100%. Playing the 5ball into the 9ball moves two big balls from your opponents side and puts them very possibly in play for the shooter. That's pretty good for starters. This option IMO should be 99% cue ball and if moving the cue ball is too risky for some than play more of a stop shot but concentrate on using the 11ball to the fullest as a blocker.

Dr. Bill

cincy_kid

Verified Member
5/9/3 moving a bunch of balls and rolling up to the 11.
I also like Nicks shot
Was waiting for someone to say it...5,9,3 and 3 caroms into 12 all balls your way and I shoot it medium speed with draw to get behind 11 or as close back to the rail as I can

beatle

Verified Member
well as usual my choice is a little different.
shoot the 5, 10 combo. and hold your cue ball which can be tough for some so that it doesnt leak a shot on the 11.

if you make it. and it isnt ridiculous to make it you get to run 4 or so balls at least.

and if you miss you may have a ball in the jaws or close that he cant see

lll

Verified Member
this demonstrates (as did the last WWYD) how difficult it is to read a picture. The 5-10 combo just does not, to me, appear to be there.
We agree ..... :eek:
also i think its the 12

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
well as usual my choice is a little different.
shoot the 5, 10 combo. and hold your cue ball which can be tough for some so that it doesnt leak a shot on the 11.

if you make it. and it isnt ridiculous to make it you get to run 4 or so balls at least.

and if you miss you may have a ball in the jaws or close that he cant see
Do you mean the 5-12 ?

beatle

Verified Member
10 or 12 whatever, its obvious that is the ball i am talking about. you are right it may not go after looking at it more.

beatle

Verified Member
i would look harder at cutting the 5 into the 11 and trying to hit the 7 or 13, or 1 with it.

i think those will do more damage. if that shot can be made which i cant prove it goes.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I like playing right hand english off the edge of the 5 missing the 9 with the 5 and banking the cue ball off the side rail back short of the 2 on his side rail. . Trying to play all cue ball to protect the 7 with the 8. 5 should be on my side and no threat now too...
Absolutely bro....word for word, that was my thinking, and that's what I shot = simple to execute, removes his most makeable ball, and with an excellent positional result guaranteed...

Conversely, as vapros/Bill said re. the concern with moving parts, and not knowing where the balls are going - the different shots mentioned of knocking the 5 and 9 around and staying behind the 11 could work out (if you have the skills to stun 5" forward perfectly onto the 11) - otherwise, those shots will most likely end up with the 5ball ball ending up near the foot rail where your opponent can see it - which he will then bank into balls to clear out your side....or a ball ending up by the long rail/above the 7ball where your opponent can see it - which he will then bank into balls to turn things around on you....and if not any of that, he can come off of the left side of the 8ball to the long rail behind the 7 for an available escape route.

Here's how it came out >>>

Last edited: