Ghost vs. Bert 6 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Ghost, If the two ball is pocketed then the cue ball will be in a position to play off the four, but if the two is hit off the left side the cue ball will be further from the side rail. That puts the eight in the way of the four ball. Maybe you can slide off the six but that's a pretty thin hit and there are answers to that too. No the shot is still lagging off the two ball but not making it.

Tom
Tom, we'll just amiably, slightly disagree on the angles involved...and besides, this type of computer-screen-disagreement is silly, because with our One Pocket experience, if either of us were at the table in a real game, and it was our shot here, we would both know whether the trapping angles were good enough to choose, or not, from the 2ball area.

- Ghost

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
Tom, we'll just amiably, slightly disagree on the angles involved...and besides, this type of computer-screen-disagreement is silly, because with our One Pocket experience, if either of us were at the table in a real game, and it was our shot here, we would both know whether the trapping angles were good enough to choose, or not, from the 2ball area.

- Ghost
Yep, that's fine Ghost. Computer images are deceptive.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
Whether the 4 or 1 is a good option depends so much on the exact location of the CB after hitting the 2, but the 6 is always available and it looks pretty easy even for me to get to the bottom rail.

(Tom's right about the 1-12 possibly queering the 1 as an option... I thought about it but was considering taking the risk. Now I think the 4 is first choice if available, 6 second and 1 not at all.)

But now on one thread I've disagreed with two of my heroes, Jeff and Tom. Maybe that cookie I ate gave me the big-head. :p :eek:
Computer generated cookies are liable to upset your stomach with the excess silicon not needed in your diet.:cool:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Rod...if I have time, I'll configure that out for you...

BR....ima need at least 9-7 from you if we ever play...:heh

And nobody's picked Bert's shot yet :eek:

- Ghost
I would have to go with the okie doke.. Im 4 railing the 5 ball. the 5 ball goes around everything and comes back around right down Broadway BABY!!! Cue ball stunned over to the side rail then back across to the side rail it started. COME GET YOU SOME:D:D

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Rod...if I have time, I'll configure that out for you...

BR....ima need at least 9-7 from you if we ever play...:heh

And nobody's picked Bert's shot yet :eek:

- Ghost
How about cutting the 8 with good speed to put the CB on the end rail near the first diamond? To the right of the 14. Try to double you up behind the 6 ball. Leaves some offensive shots, but none I would want to shoot at, and if Bert gets you close to that diamond it should be a tough reply, even for a ghost.

LSJohn

Verified Member
I would have to go with the okie doke.. Im 4 railing the 5 ball. the 5 ball goes around everything and comes back around right down Broadway BABY!!! Cue ball stunned over to the side rail then back across to the side rail it started. COME GET YOU SOME:D:D
I know how to find out whether you'd really shoot this "harrigan."

How many tries do you want on a prop bet? :heh
I'll be generous and give you two. :D

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
It's there by Jove, if you got a pair!
Great imagination and aggression, two essential tools required to become a good one pocket player. Looks like you own both, but I know you're joking, right????

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
5 into the 11 carom off the 7 run out. final answer Sorry Androd I didn't see that you already liked this shot .
Thats a couple us gophers have picked alike

Scrzbill

Verified Member
How about cutting the 8 with good speed to put the CB on the end rail near the first diamond? To the right of the 14. Try to double you up behind the 6 ball. Leaves some offensive shots, but none I would want to shoot at, and if Bert gets you close to that diamond it should be a tough reply, even for a ghost.
Thats three of us that have chosen that shot.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Great imagination and aggression, two essential tools required to become a good one pocket player. Looks like you own both, but I know you're joking, right????
Look at diagram #3 the ball goes and IM SHOOTING IT. Stun/spin the cue ball between the 6 and 8 3 rails back by the middle diamond on the side rail on the other side of the side pocket... Please tell me the rest of these guys can see this shot

one pocket guy

Verified Member
I'm four railing the 5 ball...

I'm four railing the 5 ball...

Step right up ladies and gentlemen boys and girls! Right here under the Big Top. See the Hacker as he amazes you with his circus shots!:heh

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Well, we gotta make jokes. It gives us all something to do while waiting for Ghost to beg, squeeze and milk any possible comment out of any possible poster before he graces us with his solution.:D:rolleyes:

~Doc

Island Drive

Verified Member
Well, we gotta make jokes. It gives us all something to do while waiting for Ghost to beg, squeeze and milk any possible comment out of any possible poster before he graces us with his solution.:D:rolleyes:

~Doc
I wanna see a couple of his sell outs :heh

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member

~Doc
Reality check needed once again -----> I don't got no solution :rolleyes: it's Bert's shot here, not mine.

- specter

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
You forgot what Bert shot?:confused: Who posted this WWYD anyway?:D

~Doc
Doc, with my terrible memory I could easily forget what Bert shot :eek: but luckily, I have a picture...

Bert shot a pretty good shot...he also chose to leave the cueball down towards the 2ball, but by a method that no one else picked (so Bert gets to eat the muffin himself :sorry ) - he did it by coming off the 5ball, over to his long rail and back, with 2:30 english - by doing it this way, he also accomplished removing my best ball (the 5) and putting it near his pocket...here's how it turned out ----->

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Doc, with my terrible memory I could easily forget what Bert shot :eek: but luckily, I have a picture...

Bert shot a pretty good shot...he also chose to leave the cueball down towards the 2ball, but by a method that no one else picked - he did it by coming off the 5ball, over to his long rail and back, with 2:30 english - by doing it this way, he also accomplished removing my best ball (the 5) and putting it near his pocket...here's how it turned out ----->
So, did you go for it and shoot the 11/9 carom drawing over to bump the 7, or did you shoot the 2 and stick? Or do you remember? Or did you shoot another shot?

unoperro

Verified Member

Bert shot a pretty good shot...he also chose to leave the cueball down towards the 2ball, but by a method that no one else picked - he did it by coming off the 5ball, over to his long rail and back, with 2:30 english - by doing it this way, he also accomplished removing my best ball (the 5) and putting it near his pocket...here's how it turned out ----->
He did well.