Ghost vs. Blake 2 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Blake's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- score is 0 to 0, both going to 8 --- wwyd ----->

Attachments

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Blake 2 wwyd

Thinning the 13 and trying to leave him uptable by or under the 9. The important thing is to not let him see the whole 3 ball. The other option is to 2 rail the 2 into the bottom of the stack with low left bringing the cue also uptable by the 9. I think I'd go with option 1 though.

vapros

Verified Member
I will go off either the 8 or the 13, and leave Jojo on the long rail below the side pocket. I don't want to disturb the 1-15. There is a lovely billiard there, and Ghostie has not seen it yet.

poolisboring

Verified Member
i would probably shoot the 1 into the 15 at pocket speed, trying to leave cb above side pocket and behind the 3..... scratch is certainly possible, i'd risk it.....

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Who's gonna shoot the 2ball off of the pocket points and back across into their pocket?...:eek:...:heh

Kybanks

Verified Member
I like making the 2 ball and putting the cb into the stack. It's one ball and maintains my advantage for now

lll

Verified Member
I like making the 2 ball and putting the cb into the stack. It's one ball and maintains my advantage for now
i think that shot would be productive in maintaining the pressure as you said
especially if you could nudge the 13 so the carom off the 8 doesnt look so on

OneRock

Verified Member
Reposition his 2-ball

Reposition his 2-ball

Here's my choice of shot in this situation.

Attachments

OneRock

Verified Member
My choice of shot

My choice of shot

Here's what I would do in this situation.

Attachments

Jakie

Verified Member
Bank the 2 ball 2 rails into the bottom of the 8 ball and draw the cue to the top rail. This will give you distance and move some balls to your side. I normally would like to freeze him to the back of the stack by pocketing the 2 in his pocket but in this case this does not put him in much trouble as he will skim a ball and put you back on the bottom rail. If you can get a ball near the foot rail on your side you will have him in a good trap.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I'd shoot the 1-15 combo to make the 15. It's not that hard of a shot. From this angle it looks to be about a half-ball hit on the 1. I'd want to roll the CB up two rails back to center table for a follow up shot on the 3 or the 1. If the combo is missed, the shooter is still in good shape.

The 2 into the stack sounds good, but to my eye the 2 can't be hit full enough in order to have it hit the 8 while also drawing the CB uptable. Sometimes a guy can two rail away a shot like the 2 ball, and have the CB come around three or four rails back to the corner, but that doesn't look good here.

~Doc

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Have to dislodge the 5-13-8 combo carom before going up table, it would be too easy for your opponent to shoot that with soft speed and stick you in the stack if it hangs. If the 13 falls the 5 is waiting for him to shoot next.

Cut the 8 into the 10 with a stun draw over to the rail, the 10 will come off the bottom of the 4 and end up nicely on your side and whitey will be protected.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
youre the only one capable of that shot, the rest of us are mere mortals......
Nope, not me...thanks though, for the dubious compliment pib..:heh....truth is, at my age, I'm waaay too mortal now..and besides, that shot is above my pay grade..and lastly, the one pocket-risk-reward-computer in my brain always knows that that shot's not the right shot to shoot...:)