Ghost vs. Donn 7 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Well Donn is sure as hell not in any trap this time - I think he kind of likes his position here :heh --- Donn's shot, his pocket is at the top left --- I don't remember what the ball score was :eek: --- wwyd?

Attachments

Last edited:

OneRock

Verified Member
Either make the 5-3 combo or pocket the 4 and draw the CB back towards the middle diamond. I suppose you could also bank the 13 as long as you have good CB control to keep him behind the 14.

Hardmix

Verified Member
No question, 5/3 combo. There is a good chance you can get out from here.

Tobermory

Verified Member
I really don't like my chances of getting a second shot at the 5 after the combo, and the 3 can be missed about twenty different ways, which would cost be a few balls. If I was determined to shoot at the 3, I’d rather shoot the 11 at the 5 which is a big ball just off the rail there and try and make it that way, sliding the cue ball over towards the chalk near the side pocket. But I’d be most likely to bank the 13 to miss the 2 and draw the cue ball back down to the rail to the right of the center diamond. If he wants to cut the 14 or go for the hail Mary that the 15 will kiss in off the 10, I’d hold my breath but the odds are definitely against either shot.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I believe I am shooting the 15 into the 3. I like it better than the 5/3 because if you cut the 3 ball with the 5 you don't have to get another shot.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
Can't tell for sure if the 3 ball can be missed, but if it's so close to the pocket it can't be missed, then I would definitely roll into a rail first combo on the 5... The speed would be easy to manage and the 5 is the perfect distance off the rail where it cannot over cut the 3... So a follow up shot on the 5 is a near certainty...

If the 3 can be missed, then I'd bank the 13 and try to control the CB to a position behind the 14...

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Donn 7 wwyd

Can't tell for sure if the 3 ball can be missed, but if it's so close to the pocket it can't be missed, then I would definitely roll into a rail first combo on the 5... The speed would be easy to manage and the 5 is the perfect distance off the rail where it cannot over cut the 3... So a follow up shot on the 5 is a near certainty...

If the 3 can be missed, then I'd bank the 13 and try to control the CB to a position behind the 14...

These are my thoughts to the letter.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I believe I am shooting the 15 into the 3. I like it better than the 5/3 because if you cut the 3 ball with the 5 you don't have to get another shot.
I agree the 5/3 doesn’t have to leave a shot on the 5, but the 15/3 looks too iffy to me (5 partially blocks it), so I’d roll the 5 softly to maximize my chances of a second shot.

pj
chgo

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Only because I have missed combos like the 5/3 before...I do think it can be missed, but maybe at the table I will see it can't be and decide to shoot it.

However, this was the first thing that I saw..the 6/3 combo - I like it because I play all CB and just go twice across side to get safe..if I make it I will probably win the game form there. If I miss, he has no picnic.

Island Drive

Verified Member
The rail first combo also lays as a free shot. Even if ya miss it, your opponent has no workable return shot.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
This one is easy for me, I'm shooting the 5/3 combo. Shoot softly so I can shoot the 5 ball on my next shot. This has an opportunity to run some balls, possibly end the game.

unoperro

Verified Member
Only because I have missed combos like the 5/3 before...I do think it can be missed, but maybe at the table I will see it can't be and decide to shoot it.

However, this was the first thing that I saw..the 6/3 combo - I like it because I play all CB and just go twice across side to get safe..if I make it I will probably win the game form there. If I miss, he has no picnic.

Me too. Written almost word for word.Even the misspeluns.

hankh

Verified Member
cincy_kid, Howdy;

Like everything you've got goin' on here, 'cept for all the extra travelin' of the CB.
For it to travel back-n-forth that much you gotta smack it danged hard. Harder
then I think ya need to. IMO, if you could get the CB to stop short of center
table after the first side rail (about 1 diamond from the rail), you'd be sittin' as
good as it would get. Mr. Ghost wouldn't have a shot worth spit should you miss
and if you sink the 3 then you've got an excellent chance to run out.

hank

Last edited:

t-dog

Verified Member

I'm banking the 13 and leaving the cue on the rail at the center diamond.