Ghost vs. Mike 3 - wwyd?

youngstownkid

Verified Member
I like the two rail on the 15 towards the one drawn back just a couple inches to put CB in the stack...simple enough for me

jtompilot

Verified Member
Yeah, you guys 2-railing the 12 were on the same page as me...but...youse guys weren't optimizing the shot = instead of 2-railing the 12 and sticking on the 14 for a safety, or 2-railing the 12 and following down to the head rail...

Since the 13 doesn't go in Mike's pocket...and he can't see the 15 as long as I don't go waay too far forward...what I did was shoot 2-railer and stun my cueball 4 inches forward so as to have ideal position on the 14 - and if I make the 2-railer, I run balls, and it might be a game-winner...

I hit my cueball correctly, but unfortunately I View attachment 430005missed the 2-railer by about 2 inches...here's how it turned out >>>View attachment 430005
Lookin good if you made it.

Most of the guys I play are licking their chops at the 5/15 combo. Of course I hope they miss it.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
You hit it good, bro. Your realistic expectation of making the 2-railer may be higher than most guys, so leaving yourself a likely follow-up shot makes sense. In my case I'd have probably played the "stick 'em" leave.

Do you recall if your opponent shot the 5-15 combo, or did he take out your hanger?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Lookin good if you made it.

Yeah.

Most of the guys I play are licking their chops at the 5/15 combo. Of course I hope they miss it.
Well I'm not playing Evan Lunda, Tony, Skip, or either of the Justins...and besides >>>

You hit it good, bro. Your realistic expectation of making the 2-railer may be higher than most guys, so leaving yourself a likely follow-up shot makes sense. In my case I'd have probably played the "stick 'em" leave.

Do you recall if your opponent shot the 5-15 combo, or did he take out your hanger?
That combo is not so easy - those two balls are far apart from each other...and...the other reason I didn't mind leaving the combo from there is because the 5 has to be cut to the left to make the combo, meaning it's harder to make, and no automatic follow up position for him.

Yes Doc, he did choose to shoot the 14 into the 12 and he drew his cueball towards the head rail.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
Well I'm not playing Evan Lunda...and besides >>>

That combo is not so easy - those two balls are far apart from each other...and...the other reason I didn't mind leaving the combo from there is because the 5 has to be cut to the left to make the combo, meaning it's harder to make, and no automatic follow up position for him.

Yes Doc, he did choose to shoot the 14 into the 12 and he drew his cueball towards the head rail.
Game tight move..................

lll

Verified Member
this is very interesting to me
so my questions are for comments more on strategy thinking than best shot
early after the break i look to eliminate his threats
so moving the 5 or 15 and leaving the cue ball safe is my first shot
dans shot ...putting a ball as threat and hiding whitey
puts more pressure on your opponent
i know someone will come up with other shots
but what are your thoughts on these strategically different shots?
first
billy jackets thanks for your response
ghost we saw what you shot but would you comment on my question
i understand that generalities dont always hold true for every situation

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Thanks Doc, Bill, & Ben.

Larry, sorry, but, as I posted to Kybanks the other day - I'm too bad of a typer to type long posts, re. strategy discussions, etc....but tell you what, if you want to call me to talk about a shot, you can do that.

- Ghost

jtompilot

Verified Member
Well I'm not playing Evan Lunda, Tony, Skip, or either of the Justins...and besides >>>

You left out Richie Rich

I think most of us would also play the take out😎

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Fat's 2-railer on the 12 is good, especially if the angle is right. Rather than follow the CB forward, I'd look at drawing the CB slightly back to snuggle up against the 14
Every time. This shot just seems too reliable and effective to do anything else. Score is 0-1, I'm OK with him playing from there.

lll

Verified Member
Thanks Doc, Bill, & Ben.

Larry, sorry, but, as I posted to Kybanks the other day - I'm too bad of a typer to type long posts, re. strategy discussions, etc....but tell you what, if you want to call me to talk about a shot, you can do that.

- Ghost
i will take you up on that offer
thanks ghost

jtompilot

Verified Member
That was a good shot applying pressure and if made it would have been a real good shot

Kybanks

Verified Member
Good shot ghost, and you had a perfect angle on the following shot. Well played.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Thanks guys...actually, the shot was pretty obvious and simple though = the 2-rail angle was almost straight ahead - I just had to try to make sure to stun-forward the right amount.