Ghost vs. Pat 27 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Interesting/tricky situation --- Pat's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- ball score is 5-3 Ghost ahead, Pat going to 7, Ghost going to 9 --- Pat has a lot of good choices here, but, be careful Pat, don't leave the old Ghost a shot on that sweet 7ball :) --- wsPd/wwyd ----->

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...jpg0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...jpg

Tobermory

Verified Member
Tricky indeed. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like it would be possible to two rail the 7 out of there whilst drawing/spinning the cue ball down to the top rail in the middle somewhere. Ghost may have a bank at the 8, but I don't think he'd shoot it.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
I have 2 choices here, a #1. 'defensive' option to bank the 7 balls 2 rails up by the 8 and, draw the CB down the long rail.

#2. an, offensive shot, banking the ball towards the 3, and sending whitey across the table to protect against you shooting the 7 and, leaving it where the wall of balls on my side protect the 8/3.

A little, 'Carom game' tip. Playing the, defensive shot off the 7, using a, 'nip' bridge will help facilitate a easier draw without hitting too hard to draw the CB down the table. The hair of reverse helps to keep the CB from caroming too, 'wide' off the first rail.

GhostvPat27.jpg

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Bank the 7ball into your pocket.
even if you dont make it, I like banking it to my side with such speed where the CB hits foot rail, then back up to head rail and then back down to about the 2nd diamond area, that should get it close to the pocket and cover him up...

Normally I like the 8 ball shot but I dont in this instance for 2 reasons:

1) That corner pocket can be big for the scratch
2) if you don't keep him on the side rail, he can make the 7 from a lot of places up table

Last edited:

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Play into the rail just clearing the 7 with soft right spin to come back and nudge into it and sit on the rail.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
#2. an, offensive shot, banking the ball towards the 3, and sending whitey across the table to protect against you shooting the 7 and, leaving it where the wall of balls on my side protect the 8/3.
I liked that look too.
Thought (while only needing two - and he needing all but one on the table) a safe would be workable.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I’d chohan that 7 off the titty to my side (may get lucky and make it) and draw the CB up the long rail.

I recall seeing a video of Wayne Pullen explaining where to aim on these shots. It’s on youtube. Will dig it up and post a link later.

Where’s Wayne, by the way? I hope he is well. Haven’t seen him posting in a long while.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Hit foot rail behind the 7 with enough umph, to billiard whitey to the head rail.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Play into the rail just clearing the 7 with soft right spin to come back and nudge into it and sit on the rail.
B, that shot is not available, unless you want to masse' around the 7.

I’d chohan that 7 off the titty to my side (may get lucky and make it) and draw the CB up the long rail.

I recall seeing a video of Wayne Pullen explaining where to aim on these shots. It’s on youtube. Will dig it up and post a link later.

Where’s Wayne, by the way? I hope he is well. Haven’t seen him posting in a long while.
Terry....ahem..don't be stealing the Chohan verb that I ✍ invented.

Wayne has never posted very often.

unoperro

Verified Member
even if you dont make it, I like banking it to my side with such speed where the CB hits foot rail, then back up to head rail and then back down to about the 2nd diamond area, that should get it close to the pocket and cover him up...

I think you are hitting the bank too hard. If you miss it might come back. Pocket Speed is the mantra

cincy_kid

Verified Member
yea for sure pocket speed, I envisioned thats how the CB would react, if I am off on that part I agree focus on the ball pocket speed...

Kybanks

Verified Member
I would try and move the 7 ball along the end rail in a bankable position so my opponent couldn't play a weak safe to the end rail.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I have 2 choices here, a #1. 'defensive' option to bank the 7 balls 2 rails up by the 8 and, draw the CB down the long rail.
That's probably the easiest shot to execute. It's hard to tell how thin one has to hit it to get the 2 rails without bobbling the 7 ball.

catkins

Verified Member
this feels like you can play rail point and cross the 7 back to your side possibly making it but also if it goes high possibly creating some air in your balls and sliding the cue ball all the way to the top right corner

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Take it easy on me, Ghost, or you'll have me feeling 'prosecuted'....

Ok: I'll shoot this:

If he gets to, I get two, too.
Chill out B...I ain't on you at all...all's I'm doin' is providing pertinent information, to edify youse guys decision making 🥴

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
I worked through all of these shots, and I find they are all viable. For me, banking the 8 into the 3, I pulled it off first try, and the cb went to upper right corner, not giving up a shot on the 7. Was able to cross the 7 by; going off two points, cutting it into the point, and by going rail first w/cb and kicking 7 into the point. This is the shot I first seen.
Another shot for OP players is to masse' around the 7 and get a legal hit leaving the cb behind the 7, w/ both balls on the foot rail by opponents pocket. A very beautiful shot! It took me awhile to get this one down, but sure is gratifying.
Thanks for the shot selections, guys, and thanks for the wwyd. Whitey

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Another shot for OP players is to masse' around the 7 and get a legal hit leaving the cb behind the 7, w/ both balls on the foot rail by opponents pocket. A very beautiful shot! It took me awhile to get this one down, but sure is gratifying.
you are my hero, Whitey!! 🏆