Ghost vs. Pat 27 wwyd

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I worked through all of these shots, and I find they are all viable. For me, banking the 8 into the 3, I pulled it off first try, and the cb went to upper right corner, not giving up a shot on the 7. Was able to cross the 7 by; going off two points, cutting it into the point, and by going rail first w/cb and kicking 7 into the point. This is the shot I first seen.
Another shot for OP players is to masse' around the 7 and get a legal hit leaving the cb behind the 7, w/ both balls on the foot rail by opponents pocket. A very beautiful shot! It took me awhile to get this one down, but sure is gratifying.
Thanks for the shot selections, guys, and thanks for the wwyd. Whitey
So, you went to bottom rail with cueball left english and spun into the 7 banking it to your side? Woohee, I like it if thats what you did , they are so close I didn't see that possibility

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
B, that shot is not available, unless you want to masse' around the 7.

Terry....ahem..don't be stealing the Chohan verb that I ✍ invented.

Wayne has never posted very often.
I’m not stealing, I’m using it!
Anyhow, as beatle rightly pointed out, ghost writers can’t own copyright. Tough luck my friend 😝

Here’s a link to the thread discussing off-the-titty shots, as promised:

Last edited:

J.R.

Verified Member
I have 2 choices here, a #1. 'defensive' option to bank the 7 balls 2 rails up by the 8 and, draw the CB down the long rail.

A little, 'Carom game' tip. Playing the, defensive shot off the 7, using a, 'nip' bridge will help facilitate a easier draw without hitting too hard to draw the CB down the table. The hair of reverse helps to keep the CB from caroming too, 'wide' off the first rail.
I would shoot "mr3cushion's" defensive shot and bank the 7 ball two rails up by the 8 ball while drawing the cue ball down the long rail.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I worked through all of these shots, and I find they are all viable. For me, banking the 8 into the 3, I pulled it off first try, and the cb went to upper right corner, not giving up a shot on the 7. Was able to cross the 7 by; going off two points, cutting it into the point, and by going rail first w/cb and kicking 7 into the point. This is the shot I first seen.
Another shot for OP players is to masse' around the 7 and get a legal hit leaving the cb behind the 7, w/ both balls on the foot rail by opponents pocket. A very beautiful shot! It took me awhile to get this one down, but sure is gratifying.
Thanks for the shot selections, guys, and thanks for the wwyd. Whitey
Whitey, I haven't tried any of the selections yet. Did the 8ball bank come close to scratching the CB cross-corner?

To me, the 7 ball gotta go. I don't like leaving the CB at the foot of the table because the 3ball cross corner is so makeable. So if Bill Smith's 2-railter with CB draw is available, that's the shot I'm inclined to take. OTOH I don't have Bill's stroke, so I'm not sure whether I could draw the rock well enough.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Whitey, I haven't tried any of the selections yet. Did the 8ball bank come close to scratching the CB cross-corner?

To me, the 7 ball gotta go. I don't like leaving the CB at the foot of the table because the 3ball cross corner is so makeable. So if Bill Smith's 2-railter with CB draw is available, that's the shot I'm inclined to take. OTOH I don't have Bill's stroke, so I'm not sure whether I could draw the rock well enough.
I had the 8 set as shown from head rail, I used straight center high and cb hit the head rail a 1/2 diamond before pocket. CB and pocketing speed of 8 into the 3 works out.
I used a very low draw (fist draw) on mr3c defensive shot, and did not have a problem getting the cb out of the kiss, and it draws as diagramed.
Off of both points to cross over bank the 7 is about a 1/2 ball hit, the cb can be controlled as you wished, but need to get it behind the stack.
Whitey

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
I just set it up. Kicked behind the ball with a center follow shot. 2 outta tries perfect, and on the 3rd try it hung that ball in my pocket, almost made it. Cue ball can't get behind that ball and kill, so it's just a speed control feel shot, and the kicked ball goes too your area. Cue ball head rail, diamond from the pocket works.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
I had the 8 set at approx. 1-1/2 diamond from head rail, I used straight center high and cb hit the head rail a 1/2 diamond before pocket. CB and pocketing speed of 8 into the 3 works out.
I used a very low draw (fist draw) on mr3c defensive shot, and did not have a problem getting the cb out of the kiss, and it draws as diagramed.
Off of both points to cross over bank the 7 is about a 1/2 ball hit, the cb can be controlled as you wished, but need to get it behind the stack.
Whitey
Thanks Whitey, for tackling our choices. I know it's work to this, and for me, I really appreciate it!

baby huey

Verified Member
Band the three ball two rails to your hole. Cue ball goes up to the diagional corner.

jtompilot

Verified Member
I just set it up. Kicked behind the ball with a center follow shot. 2 outta tries perfect, and on the 3rd try it hung that ball in my pocket, almost made it. Cue ball can't get behind that ball and kill, so it's just a speed control feel shot, and the kicked ball goes too your area. Cue ball head rail, diamond from the pocket works.
That’s what I was asking Rod. I was also thinking the rail first kick into the 7 would be best. Good shot me amigo.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Hey, Mitch or Dan/Chicago Fat's...get on over here, cuz we need somebody to shoot that 4-14 combo-3railer, and then run on out 🤪

Island Drive

Verified Member
That’s what I was asking Rod. I was also thinking the rail first kick into the 7 would be best. Good shot me amigo.
Just got back from the track and kept thinking about that shot and almost making that kick ball bank. Here's why............. When your cue ball is coming from below the 7 and up and you hit it with a flat ball, something interesting happens when you hit it good. It's a swiping motion of the cue ball coming across the face of the object ball, and this imparts spin to the obj. ball, clockwise, that's why the ball almost went, and cue ball ended up on the head rail.

unoperro

Verified Member
Just got back from the track and kept thinking about that shot and almost making that kick ball bank. Here's why............. When your cue ball is coming from below the 7 and up and you hit it with a flat ball, something interesting happens when you hit it good. It's a swiping motion of the cue ball coming across the face of the object ball, and this imparts spin to the obj. ball, clockwise, that's why the ball almost went, and cue ball ended up on the head rail.
This same "collision induced english" is why thinning it works. It works opposite with creating RH spin on the 7 so it spins down towards the pocket. A sliding cueball usually imparts the most spin.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
I had the 8 set as shown from head rail, I used straight center high and cb hit the head rail a 1/2 diamond before pocket. CB and pocketing speed of 8 into the 3 works out.
Whitey
Good information, bro. I'm too lazy to set up the shots, so your forays are always welcomed.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
It’s an easy reach for Bill, Bill...
He’s 8’6” and can easily lean over and shoot it from right there beside the table...
Jeff; I hope it's typo, or He's the tallest man in USA, (8'6")! Even if he was, He'd still need a 65" cue! LOL!

I know, you're referred to as, 'Tall Jeff', but, how do you stack up to him on this shot for reach?

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Band the three ball two rails to your hole. Cue ball goes up to the diagional corner.
That was actually my first thought, but the bridge over the 7 ball is a bit accurate awkward. I think I'd play the nip-draw shot to clear the 7.

Last edited: