Ghost vs. Ray 4 wwyd?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
ty miller

ty miller
Ok, yep, that's the other of the two choices that I was deciding between...in the beginning, if you had said you were kicking in the 11, that would have clearly explained the shot...

And Dustin, thanks for the good diagram of the shot.

youngstownkid

Verified Member
Plenty of room to comfortably draw back towards his pocket or maybe half a diamond up the long rail. Might be hard to not go a tad long and leave the two railer off the spot, but better than coming up short and leaving a cross.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I tried the kick shot on the 11 ball as described and the 1st time I sold out a cross corner bank on the 11. The 2nd time I sold out a 3 railer on the 11 ball, after that I quit shooting it! Lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
What did u do?
Well, concluding here...

I was 50/50 on deciding whether to shoot the billiard or to kick in the 11....I finally picked the billiard = pocketing the 11 with the cueball going 3 rails to end up above Ray's pocket - the shot turned out well...also...

Ray is primarily a rotation/straight pool player still learning One Pocket, so after the game he wanted me to show him how the kick shot into the 11 would have worked out, so I set the 11 up and shot it that way - that shot also produced a good result...here's pics of both shot results.009.JPG008.JPG >>>

vapros

The first result was much, much better. I can't even imagine being tempted to shoot the two-railer from there.

catkins

Verified Member
the first result I would two rail the ball but short jst to my side pocket and play the cue ball froze to the first diamond on the short rail

the second result I think bank the ball to the cent diamond of the short rail and play speed to freeze the cue ball on the end rail. not sure which result feels stronger but both are way better than the 11 in the pocket where you where. Great wwd as usual ghost ty