Ghost's Shot Choice

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Was playing at Red Shoes Billiards yesterday, and I had this table situation....I have pocket A - I'm ahead 5 balls to 3....Who can guess what I shot....

Again, to clarify, the ONLY purpose of this thread is to guess what I shot....NOT, what would you shoot here....:rolleyes:....or, if you just can't help yourself from picking your own shot here, :rolleyes:...then at least ALSO guess what I did, so as not to hijack/change the point of the thread....:)

If nobody guesses my shot, I'll disclose it later.

- Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AaXM3BVeM4CPxi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3IXxd4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PUSw3Qcpv@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

Mike

Verified Member
You banked the 14 into the 12 sending it down to your pocket and stuck the CB on the rail.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't see any kick shots available, so you probably were stumped!;) I'd guess that you either rolled up onto the 12/14; or 2-railed the 3 up and back.

Doc

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
guess ghost's shot

guess ghost's shot

you banked the one into the nine and went three rails to freeze the rock near the bottom pocket.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
what did he do, what did he do ?

what did he do, what did he do ?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AaXM3BVeM4CPxi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3IXxd4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PUSw3Qcpv4UaXM4UcmU4UUGr2UcVJ2UJdp1UdAv3UVdTzc1kUSw4kaXF@[/CUETABLE]

Skin

Verified Member
This looks like a Ghost shot to me.

Skin

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AaXM3BVeM4CPxi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3IYGd4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PUSw3Qcpv4WPxi4WPxe1Waqe1WObh3WYei3dYGd3dcht1kUSw4kOrQ3kPho3kXIR3kban3kRSI@[/CUETABLE]

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
tsk7878 said:
you banked the one into the nine and went three rails to freeze the rock near the bottom pocket.

That's the same shot I saw.....I'll second that..

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Ghostly Move

Ghostly Move

First i must say i like anrod's 5 railer but since the ghost is known for moving i think he just slow rolled the cue ball onto the left side of the 3 ball, trying tofreezing the cue ball on the rail and hiding the ball by his pocket. Sappo

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Skin said:
This looks like a Ghost shot to me.

Skin

BINGO!.....Skin, got it half right - good thinking Skin....yep, I played a maximum-high-ball-english double-the-rail billiard shot with the cue ball to try and make the 9 - result was, I just missed making it - the cue ball hit the 9 but didn't make it - the 9 ball rattled and ended up staying in the jaws of my pocket.............the second component of my shot however, wasn't to try to three-rail the 3 ball to my pocket - it was to remove the 1 ball from his side of the table with the banking of the 3 ball............here's the wei of the billiard shot >>>

- Ghost

PS, The Beard was sweating my game at this time, and gave an appreciative chuckle, when I chose/shot this shot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AaXM3BVeM4CQvi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3IXxd4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PTMy3Qcpv1kTMy4kQWg4kNtt3kAvK3kQvt3kXIV3kXpc@[/CUETABLE]

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
BINGO!.....Skin, got it half right - good thinking Skin....yep, I played a maximum-high-ball-english double-the-rail billiard shot with the cue ball to try and make the 9 - result was, I just missed making it - the cue ball hit the 9 but didn't make it - the 9 ball rattled and ended up staying in the jaws of my pocket.............the second component of my shot however, wasn't to try to three-rail the 3 ball to my pocket - it was to remove the 1 ball from his side of the table with the banking of the 3 ball............here's the wei of the billiard shot >>>

- Ghost

PS, The Beard was sweating my game at this time, and gave an appreciative chuckle, when I chose/shot this shot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AaXM3BVeM4CQvi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3IXxd4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PTMy3Qcpv1kTMy4kQWg4kNtt3kAvK3kQvt3kXIV3kXpc@[/CUETABLE]

How could a former billiard whiz kid, wanna be onepocket player, possibly ask for any more than an "appreciative chuckle", from an ex-banker, and way over the hill one pocket afficianado.

I can see why you were flushed with joy.

Eddie, (the shoe shine boy at my pool room) once cheered so loudly at one of my game winning shots, he had to be restrained.

I'm sure I was just as "flushed".................................................pop !

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
Nice shot Ghost - very creative!

Papie, I owe you an apology....I thought for sure you would respond on this thread/to my shot with your usual sarcasm and grumpy attempt at insulting humor....:rolleyes:....but for once you didn't, and instead you posted the complimentary thoughts that you are always thinking re. the Ghost, but won't ever say....

Thanks Papie!......:)

XXOO, Ghosty

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:
Was playing at Red Shoes Billiards yesterday, and I had this table situation....I have pocket A - I'm ahead 5 balls to 3....Who can guess what I shot....

Again, to clarify, the ONLY purpose of this thread is to guess what I shot....NOT, what would you shoot here....:rolleyes:....or, if you just can't help yourself from picking your own shot here, :rolleyes:...then at least ALSO guess what I did, so as not to hijack/change the point of the thread....:)

- Ghost
ghost this is a serious question even tho i might not shoot this shot why not go one rail and kick it in. the object ball is alot closer to the pocket than your proposition bet which you think is a hanger

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AaXM3BVeM4CPxi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3IXxd4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PUSw3Qcpv@[/CUETABLE]
ghost this is a serious question even tho i might not shoot this shot why not go one rail and kick it in. the object ball is alot closer to the pocket than your proposition bet which you think is a hanger

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
follow the pages on how i thought you ran out from there
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AaXM3BVeM4CPxi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3IXxd4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PUSw3Qcpv3dXxd3dchw1kUSw1kbmj3kREm3kVdb3kbiI3kbiI3kKMn@4AaXM3BVeM4CPxi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3Ichw4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM3PKMn3Qcpv@4AaXM3BVeM4CPxi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3Ichw4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM3PKMn3Qcpv4WPxi3WcYw3kKMn3kKds4kbYs4kSSi4kSSg1kTeN@4AaXM3BVeM3CcYw1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3Ichw4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PTeN3Qcpv4UaXM3UcIs1kTeN4kXkE4kLQb4kHob@3AcIs3BVeM3CcYw1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3Ichw4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM4PHob3Qcpv@[/CUETABLE]

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost-

Ghosty,

I have not even bothered to look at the other posts yet, (just got home from work), so I'm posting my response blind. (Ooh, this is scary). I think you shot the first shot I've shown here and maybe the second if you were imbibing.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AaXM3BVeM4CPxi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3IXxd4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PUSw3Qcpv3dXxd3dWbl3dTYK1gGKO3gatC3gaUO3gcIs1iHhe1iGrt1iGbb1kUSw1kJUP1kLYg1kOSc4uCUS@4AaXM3BVeM4CPxi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3IXxd4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PUSw3Qcpv4UaXM4UbWY4UUWj2UPAj3UbBt3UaMN3UcQw3dXxd3dWSm3dTYK1kUSw4kYxv@[/CUETABLE]

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

Ghosty,

All I've got to say about this shot is, ah, well, I think, you know, like SJD would say: YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS? You are supposed to be a Chi-Town mover, not a Chicago Flyer.

Are you sure that you aren't stalling for Galveston? Are you certain that Freddy was not having a mild heart attack? Are you sure that you were awake? Why would you shoot that shot for one ball?

P.S. I have to get with you and teach you to diagram ball paths. Cueballs and object balls.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ghosty,

Please do not make me show you all of the things that are wrong with that shot. O.K. I will. Here's the likely outcome for any bet higher than $5 a game.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AaXM3BVeM4CQvi1DKUg1EHCU3FQHJ3GNFJ3HKkJ3IXxd4JWsL3KTJK1LGKO4MTyL1NHhe4OQoM1PTMy3Qcpv4UaXM1UMIV4WQvi4WREt4WXDT1WMWk3WbGh3WHxo4WBDF1XKUg2XCNs3dXxd3dXYo3dbSS3dVlN1kTMy4kQvS4kQvS8kPYP8kMOU8kJUk8kEfb7kBll7kIGY7kPIj3kXAM3kass3kNRw@[/CUETABLE]

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghosty,

All I've got to say about this shot is, ah, well, I think, you know, like SJD would say: YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS? You are supposed to be a Chi-Town mover, not a Chicago Flyer.

Are you sure that you aren't stalling for Galveston? Are you certain that Freddy was not having a mild heart attack? Are you sure that you were awake? Why would you shoot that shot for one ball?

P.S. I have to get with you and teach you to diagram ball paths. Cueballs and object balls.

Dennis

As usual Dennis, JGHasper resorted to "post doctoring" to try and save himself from major ridicule.

I am convinced he is tryng to lull my buddy John into thinking he and Freddy are complete imbeciles. (again, not a big stretch)

Please see my post #10 for my actual response to his, once again, "D-player" shot selection.... Oh to be just 5 yrs. younger.

To illustrate how bad it really was, he enlisted poor Skin as a scapegoat for seeing his brilliant [sic] shot selection.

We all know Skin to be a "once a week" 8-ball league player, who USUALLY comes up with better shots than the Ghost...except for this one...:eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
We all know Skin to be a "once a week" 8-ball league player, who USUALLY comes up with better shots than the Ghost...except for this one...:eek:

Yeah Dick, even Cross-Eyed-Larry wouldn't have shot that shot.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
sappo said:
since the ghost is known for moving i think he just slow rolled the cue ball onto the left side of the 3 ball, trying tofreezing the cue ball on the rail and hiding the ball by his pocket. Sappo

Well, let me say this....I didn't originally say how serious the game was....it was just a sociable $20 a game, which explains why I could indulge myself in the fun of trying to make that shot ( Dennis, that also answers you're question to me in post #15, wondering why I would shoot this shot to get just one ball ) - and it's actually about a 90% safe shot anyway......Meanwhile, all of you pinching naysayers, that's the best thing about playing for cheap - you get to try shots like this - it's fun - you guys should try it sometime....:rolleyes:....

All of that said...sappo, I think you also deserve credit for the 'correct answer' also, even though your guess wasn't what I shot...:confused:....what I mean by that, is this....

If I had been playing for $100 a game, or in the DCC tournament, I would have played a more serious/safer shot....and the shot that I would choose in that case, would very possibly be the shot that you guessed/suggested - that's a good choice here.

- Ghost

PS, And Dennis, I know how to post the path of the balls...:cool:...but I didn't need to here - I only needed to show the object balls path.

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
As usual Dennis, JGHasper resorted to "post doctoring" to try and save himself from major ridicule.

I am convinced he is tryng to lull my buddy John into thinking he and Freddy are complete imbeciles. (again, not a big stretch)

Please see my post #10 for my actual response to his, once again, "D-player" shot selection.... Oh to be just 5 yrs. younger.

To illustrate how bad it really was, he enlisted poor Skin as a scapegoat for seeing his brilliant [sic] shot selection.

LOL, Dick! I guess I need to change my presentation style a bit.

Skin < only said it looked like a Ghost shot; didn't say it was a Skin shot :rolleyes: