Golf?

chief

Verified Member
I was pretty good friends with Kenny up until he passed away. He managed the Pool room at Bird Bowl Bowling in Miami. I wish I held on to this book as he always had one around

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I was pretty good friends with Kenny up until he passed away. He managed the Pool room at Bird Bowl Bowling in Miami. I wish I held on to this book as he always had one around
That means you have seen the book! I just happened to stumble on this somewhere -- maybe Ebay.

chief

Verified Member
That means you have seen the book! I just happened to stumble on this somewhere -- maybe Ebay.
yes, I have seen the book. He gave me a copy but for some reason I never took it I just sat and read it while sitting in the pool room at Bird Bowl. I do play golf but at that time I do not remember any 6x12 anywhere in Miami, only pool and lots of billiard tables

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Perhaps, in different locals across the country the game was played differently. Hell I do not know, it has been 50 yrs. for me, just going on memory. Of course where I played was Lakewood Family Bowl, Lkwd, Ca. & the Palace, Bellflower,ca.

Cincy, if you are trying to develop Golf rules, I would then think John H. and Baby Huey might be of help.

A lot of Golf was generally played by old retired guys on social security, and that is why they played by hole & hickey. Whitey

Since we added golf to this forum, I figured we should have some rules posted like we have for 1p and banks.

These are just mine as I remember them. They can be used as a starting point or not at all, just throwing them out there if we want to use some or all of it.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Since we added golf to this forum, I figured we should have some rules posted like we have for 1p and banks.

These are just mine as I remember them. They can be used as a starting point or not at all, just throwing them out there if we want to use some or all of it.
They seem like a good starting point. One thing is clear, Golf rules seem to have a lot of local variations. I could try scanning from the book -- it's a little tough to open it enough to get a complete scan though, and the rules in the book go on, and on, and on and on lol

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
They seem like a good starting point. One thing is clear, Golf rules seem to have a lot of local variations. I could try scanning from the book -- it's a little tough to open it enough to get a complete scan though, and the rules in the book go on, and on, and on and on lol
I have a 2003 BCA Official Rule Book, and it has game rules for Golf. I do not believe they are too excessively long. Whitey