Happy B'Day to Island Drive

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Happy B Day, Big Guy... And try to stay out of The Super Max place...

2020-07-13 18_40_07-il_1588xN.2273966516_k03v.jpg (JPEG Image, 1588 × 1552 pixels) - Scaled (5...png

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Thx guys for the well wishes....All's good here and for my BD week.

Grandkids are coming week (3). Now that the kiddos know how to snow ski were all gonna get up and about. I've got fraternal twins 6 yr olds, and their 8 yr oldest brother, were' heading to the Lake/Water Skiing first time (I grew Up on the lake/pier/boats/sailing etc 53159)

Got a Nice pair of, kids O'Brien water skis.....gonna yank em around, a full day at Pueblo Res.

And Jimmy, I have a guy who I did hang around with almost my age, when I first moved down from Colorado Springs. A retired Super Max Prison guard. Wow!!! Are those guyz minds ''tweaked/wired Different'' and not from uppers.

Being around his type of personality, reminded me allot of being the Old school pool rooms when I was young (20) and looking for action.

This guy is ''always'' working yah in some manner. But he went ''under the bus'' with me.

About 9 mths ago, he asked me to play pool with him and a friend at the local tavern I said ''sure''.

Bad move on my part, never had this happen to me, anywhere in any state since 1962 when I first walked into a IL pool room (bensingers).

He plays with NO rules, NO fouls and he can't play, and he pushes balls around to ''???where''???. and hitting a rail ia NOT part of his game.

He got really upset at me for telling em about ''rules'' and trying to enforce em.

End of story........Thx guys Again. It's good to be younger than Hendy :).

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Happy Birthday, Bill 🎂 Enjoy your Rocky Mountain High :) See you soon I hope🎱🎱🇺🇸
Here's a Rocky Mtn High pic, on my way back from the May BD in Yampa/CO.

Hope tah see you also, sooner than later. And no cake yesterday, just a GF pizza.

Going to the W. Coast Thanksgiving....my second grand daughter is in the oven.
Manhattan Beach.

Hopefully you'll pass by CO, and we can play in my backyard.

Enjoy the rest of your summer, tell the wife I said hi.
I’ll be flying overhead tomorrow. I’ll throw a card out the window🤣
Be careful how low ;).
In the early 80's a win shear took out a commercial passenger Jet killing a couple hundred, just outside of Widefield Colorado, south of Colorado Springs. There's something about how that wind leverages & then rolls off the front range and heads s/se towards KS off of Cheyenn Mtn. I've ridden all over the US and twice to Key West and Back on motorcycles. Theeeeeeeeeee only place in my life, and I've had about 20 bikes was this. Was headin' N. outta Pueblo coming into Colorado Springs on I 25 N (40 mile drive. When I got near Security Widefield area, the Cross winds were about 75 mph + for a few miles in this stretch. ONLY time in all the yrs, that I stopped, pulled over on the fwy and waited for a semi, to duck behind till I got past that wind. At that time I had a 750 BMW with fairing, add in my weight and it still was leaned over toooooooooooo far, but those winds that took down that commercial jet....were NOT safe, especially for a non loaded semi. Thx for the 7-23 post. bm

Attachments

• IMG_1480.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 6
  • P4080012.JPG
    P4080012.JPG
    764.5 KB · Views: 5

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I was sitting on a concrete floor in a house working on it when the Jet hit. I was around 15 miles away I could feel the impact and I said something to a guy I was working with like wtf? Around 10 mins later it we heard what happened on the radio. Crazy

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I was sitting on a concrete floor in a house working on it when the Jet hit. I was around 15 miles away I could feel the impact and I said something to a guy I was working with like wtf? Around 10 mins later it we heard what happened on the radio. Crazy
Jet Hit?? noise or hit the ground?

That reminded me of my younger dayz, 4th of July Powers Lake WI 53159. We were having a Huge cookout Kegger, day/night beach party at a friends house. Wellllllllllllllll a friend of the group/Airforce pilot. Told another friend at the Great Lakes Naval Base that had to work on the 4th, where were gonna be. He broke the law, found us, flew over head, then went Vertical and turned on the throttle. LOUD, illegal and fun all rolled into one. But when he turned on those ???after burners'. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy louder than any fireworks display anywhere. Ahhhhhhhhh the younger dazzzzzzzzzzzzze. Crabb, thx for the reminder.