Happy B'Day to Island Drive

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I Couldn't hear it Bill, but I was inside a bathroom and felt the impact sitting on the slab.
Your story reminds me of the Air Force Academy football game against Army and the first time they brought out the B1B bomber for a fly over. We were in awe to see it because it was pretty new back then. As soon as he got over the stadium he hit the engines on that big bastard hard and went almost straight up, was out of sight in what seemed like a few seconds. It was so loud the whole stadium shook and you could feel the vibrations like you were in a explosion... The most incredible thing I ever witnessed or felt at the time.
Next time he was very light on the pedal...., must have got chewed out...
lol

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I Couldn't hear it Bill, but I was inside a bathroom and felt the impact sitting on the slab.
Your story reminds me of the Air Force Academy football game against Army and the first time they brought out the B1B bomber for a fly over. We were in awe to see it because it was pretty new back then. As soon as he got over the stadium he hit the engines on that big bastard hard and went almost straight up, was out of sight in what seemed like a few seconds. It was so loud the whole stadium shook and you could feel the vibrations like you were in a explosion... The most incredible thing I ever witnessed or felt at the time.
Next time he was very light on the pedal...., must have got chewed out...
lol
That reminded me of another QUIET JET, this moment happen during the time the movie Top Gun was out. And THAT one was from and air craft carrier at Great Lakes Naval Base. I too remember in those years, being at a park in Colorado Springs, and thought there was a large Raven/Crown in the air above, nope, it was that fixed wing, black jet that was not detectable with radar. Your story sounds like good fun. Kinda like the time Air Force One, landing here, and they landed at the wrong airport> WTF????????LOL Really...........

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Happy Birthday Bill, Have a mile high, fellow Long Beach guy! Whitey
Thx....Almost opened a new room with Adam Brostoski owner of Paramount Billiards at the Traffic Circle 1979, had the bldg, and tables ready to go, he didn't want to pay $800 a mth rent and he ended up at Siezure World, where they wouldn't bet
more that 25 cents.