Hey brother Ratamon...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
...let me clock you a little - in case we ever meet up 🧐 👻...

If either of your fellow Brit's Darren Appleton or Chris Melling were to spot you 12-7/12-6 who would be the favorite in those match-ups? :)

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
It's a tough one to answer Ghost as I haven't played them. I'm capable of running 6/7 balls but not as often as I would have liked. It's likely to be close, though. I'd probably lose to Darren in the long run but may come ahead against Chris, just about (I haven't seen him play much one pocket).

Imran Majid is a house pro at my pool hall and I played him some one pocket 10-8. I won some, I lost some but overall he is ahead by a set or two.

Kybanks

Verified Member
...let me clock you a little - in case we ever meet up 🧐 👻...

If either of your fellow Brit's Darren Appleton or Chris Melling were to spot you 12-7/12-6 who would be the favorite in those match-ups? :)

Ghost, you got a gauge on everybody? Lol

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
Have you matched up with Rico Dix? He likes 1P but it isn't easy to find a game in London.

No, I haven't. We've circled each other for a while but he wanted to play 9-ball and I didn't. I'm just speculating here but probably he saw me beating Imran in one pocket and wanted some weight but was too embarassed to ask for it.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
I played him at Hurricane near King's Cross on that one decent table and then at his cool bachelor pad in Whitechapel. He shoots pretty straight but he doesn't have much 1P experience, at least he didn't last time we played in 2018. Where is Imran's room?

No, I haven't. We've circled each other for a while but he wanted to play 9-ball and I didn't. I'm just speculating here but probably he saw me beating Imran in one pocket and wanted some weight but was too embarassed to ask for it.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
I played him at Hurricane near King's Cross on that one decent table and then at his cool bachelor pad in Whitechapel. He shoots pretty straight but he doesn't have much 1P experience, at least he didn't last time we played in 2018. Where is Imran's room?

It's the same one - Hurricane's at Kings Cross. How did you play with him if you don't mind my asking ? I'd like to entice him into playing a couple of sets at some point. He is a straight shooter, no doubt about that.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
We played even for 20 a game. I was jet lagged, used a house cue and my glasses were broken, so he never saw my A game (it's been awhile since I've seen it, too!). We played maybe a total of 8 games and I came out a game or three ahead. He beat me in one set of 9 ball. Have they improved the American pool equipment in there?

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
We played even for 20 a game. I was jet lagged, used a house cue and my glasses were broken, so he never saw my A game (it's been awhile since I've seen it, too!). We played maybe a total of 8 games and I came out a game or three ahead. He beat me in one set of 9 ball. Have they improved the American pool equipment in there?

No, not really. They've shimmed the pockets on that pro table and are trying to keep it to a good standard but all other tables are rubbish.

Thanks for sharing the insight. Much appreciated

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
All indoor sports facilities and pool rooms as of yet remain closed. I hope they will reopen as part of the next step of the relaxation measures to be announced on the 21st of July.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ahem...just in the unlikely event that you two blokes aren't aware of the proper brokering protocol possibly emerging in this thread...🧐...

Re. this being the Ghost's thread/intellectual property...the Ghost will be due 15% of any monies gambled and won, that were a result of players interactions generated by this thread.

- Gh👻st

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
Ahem...just in the unlikely event that you two blokes aren't aware of the proper brokering protocol possibly emerging in this thread...🧐...

Re. this being the Ghost's thread/intellectual property...the Ghost will be due 15% of any monies gambled and won, that were a result of players interactions generated by this thread.

- Gh👻st

Haha, nice one Ghost. What about monies gambled and lost ? 🙃 This appears a more likely outcome at this point. I will probably hit them balls firm and straight... into the rail after not playing for 4 months.