Hollywood, Fla 11/19

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I will be at Lucky Seven Billiards in Hollywood, Fla tomorrow night if anyone is interested in playing.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, Peter can’t make it tonight. I am sure there will be some players down there that I can match up with.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
The last time I was at Hollywood Billiards was around 18 yrs. ago - I played "Hollywood Randy" - we broke even - is he still around?....played Mario Cruz, beat him...

Also, in the three weeks I was around the area, I played John DiToro - we broke even...played Dick Weaver, also broke even, after about 8 hours...

Then, cruised across 'alligator alley' (love that drive) and over to Fort Meyers, played Glen Olson - I beat him...

Then over to Tampa, played Goose Jr. - and beat him...

Played a lot more players but I can't remember them all.

- Ghost

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The last time I was at Hollywood Billiards was around 18 yrs. ago - I played "Hollywood Randy" - we broke even - is he still around?....played Mario Cruz, beat him...

Also, in the three weeks I was around the area, I played John DiToro - we broke even...played Dick Weaver, also broke even, after about 8 hours...

Then, cruised across 'alligator alley' (love that drive) and over to Fort Meyers, played Glen Olson - I beat him...

- Ghost
ghost
you dont book too many losers do you......:)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

- Ghost

I would have like to learn 1P from you instead of playing in the Viking tour. I’ll never catch up to you but I’m trying.

Did you ever play Monster John at Hollywood Billiards?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Played a lot more players in Florida but I can't remember them all.

- Ghost

ghost
you don't book too many losers do you......:)

I try not to Larry...;)...for full disclosure though...

Mario Cruz and Glen Olson were strong rotation players but didn't know One Pocket well, so beating them was no great accomplishment...same goes for Goose Jr. [Benny Conway) who was young then and didn't know One Pocket well yet.

I would have like to learn 1P from you instead of
playing in the Viking tour. I’ll never catch up to you but I’m trying.

Did you ever play Monster John at Hollywood Billiards?

No Jim, Monster John wasn't around when I was there...and if he was, I wouldn't have liked that action - Monster John played strong - probably close to Richie Richeson's 20yrs. ago speed.

- Ghost

P.S. Gotta love playing rotation players who don't know One Pocket well - that's always been my favorite move :heh

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The last time I was at Hollywood Billiards was around 18 yrs. ago - I played "Hollywood Randy" - we broke even - is he still around?

- Ghost

peter had a onepocket tournament a few years ago
i played "miami "randy for my 3rd round opponent.
it is probably the same guy
he was older than me and played fast and real good...(i lost..:eek:)

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
So Peter can’t make it but I am confident I will find a game. I walk in and see I guy I know from Atlanta playing a match. They finish up and my friends opponent, who seems familiar to me but I cant place, introduces himself as Cliff and asks for 9/7. I give it to him to get the game going. After one game it’s clear to me that I can’t give Cliff 9/7 on this gaffey GC we are playing on so ask to play 9/8 or even. Cliff says no to both offers and calls it a night.

I end up playing another gent giving some crazy spot and after 4 hrs I finish down 2 games.

When we are settling up the pool time the owner is trying to tack on my time with Cliff and I explained that Cliff payed for that. At that point, my playing partner, said his name is not Cliff, it’s Peter from West Palm! A very strange night indeed.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Hollywood, Fla 11/19

So Peter can’t make it but I am confident I will find a game. I walk in and see I guy I know from Atlanta playing a match. They finish up and my friends opponent, who seems familiar to me but I cant place, introduces himself as Cliff and asks for 9/7. I give it to him to get the game going. After one game it’s clear to me that I can’t give Cliff 9/7 on this gaffey GC we are playing on so ask to play 9/8 or even. Cliff says no to both offers and calls it a night.

I end up playing another gent giving some crazy spot and after 4 hrs I finish down 2 games.

When we are settling up the pool time the owner is trying to tack on my time with Cliff and I explained that Cliff payed for that. At that point, my playing partner, said his name is not Cliff, it’s Peter from West Palm! A very strange night indeed.

No way!! You’re joking, right???

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Did you play on the GC closest to the bar or table 8, the second one?
Table 8 is the tightest one there at around 4” and has a roll off going into the right corner. That’s the table I played Prince and Peter on.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

The spot reminds me of my last trip to Sandcastle Billiards. I have to spot a guy 10-7 just to get a game. I lose three straight to a guy that at most I should give 9/8. It’s tough going on the road.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Did you play on the GC closest to the bar or table 8, the second one?
Table 8 is the tightest one there at around 4” and has a roll off going into the right corner. That’s the table I played Prince and Peter on.

I played on the 4” table with the roll. The bed is slow and the rails are fast.