How to PM

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Just a quick note for anyone trying to PM someone, all you have to do is click on their name or avatar to get the box to pop up. Then at the bottom, click the button that says:

START CONVERSATION

(the call private messages conversations)

Type your message and click send!

(at the bottom of the message there are 2 check boxes, the bottom one locks it. if you check mark this box, the person you send it to will not be able to reply)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Cincy what I am confused about is if you don’t lock it it seems any one can read it??
no one can read them except for those in the conversation.

You may be confusing it with "Profile posts" which is a place people can post things for people, anyone can see those...

Like mine is here: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php?members/cincy_kid.196189/ (some were meant to be PM's but hopefully this helps others for furture refernce)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i sent you a pm
please reply so i can see how i get a notice someone wants to talk to me.....:)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
i sent you a pm
please reply so i can see how i get a notice someone wants to talk to me.....:)

I don't think it's working, Larry. I sent multiple pm's or conversation starts , or whatever, to you and others, and not a single person acknowledged it.....

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I have received them and replied but for the life of me I cannot get the old ones to change to "read" even though they were all actually read a long time ago. I click the read box one at a time or bunches and nothing seems to change. I must be missing a step. I hope no one asks this admin how to fix that lol :unsure::unsure::ROFLMAO:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well I finally now show them as all read! I had to go back and reread them all -- one at a time -- nothing else worked for me. Anyway it was entertaining in its own right :) Strange, they were from all different dates. So I am guessing I will no longer have this issue, because I do in fact read my PM's lol.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Well I finally now show them as all read! I had to go back and reread them all -- one at a time -- nothing else worked for me. Anyway it was entertaining in its own right :) Strange, they were from all different dates. So I am guessing I will no longer have this issue, because I do in fact read my PM's lol.
Glad to hear it! :)

Did you use the method I posted the other day? Worked for me like a charm!