Interest list for SS ll & S l

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I;m going to be celebrating my 50th wedding anniversary in May, my wfe's last words to me were "don't make any commitments" I'm sure that you guys will understand if I'm not in attendance.

Missing you all already.

I will be attending the DCC, arriving Friday night, looking forward to seeing everyone there.

John

More than likely this will be held middle to late April. So if you can arrange that, we'll see you then, if not maybe in October for SS III.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Count me in for the younger group.

Nick Principe (Jakie)
Naples Fl

Nick... I stayed in Naples for awhile quite a few years ago when Neal from Boston owned the small poolroom that was at the far south end of town, in the little strip mall on hwy.#41...were you there back then?

- Ghost

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
Naples

Naples

Ghost-

I moved to Naples 6 yrs ago. Not much of a pool scene here although, the room that you mentioned is still in business. (Pretty ratty joint) I travel 1 hour north to Diamond Billiards in Cape Coral to play. Give me a shout if you come back down.
Tom Wirth comes over occasionally and I travel over to his place in Delray.(2hr drive) I am sure we can stir something up.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
There appears to be a name missing from this list. See post #1 Nick P. (Jakie). Did he pull his name or is this just an oversight.

He's a buddy of mine. I'm just looking out for his interest since he rarely post here.

Tom

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
There appears to be a name missing from this list. See post #1 Nick P. (Jakie). Did he pull his name or is this just an oversight.

He's a buddy of mine. I'm just looking out for his interest since he rarely post here.

Tom

Tom,

I'm updating all interested persons on post #1 this thread.

He's there, ck it out.

Thanks

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Certainly play !!

Certainly play !!

I will tell everyone who missed the SS tourney, they missed a very good one. I enjoyed all the old pool players and their stories. For not even playing(too young), who'd thought, it was great to see the friendly competition. All at a fairly high level. Count me in for April for 65-69. I do have to say that it was such a great event that maybe you shouldn't mess with changing format. I know that I will be there to watch and for action either way. I will gladly wait another three years to play in 70 and up tourney. Bogies were great hosts. John Rizzo was just great, can only wish them success over and over. Should you mess with 70 and over ? I don't know. All I know is that as time goes by, more and more of us will be turning 70, sooner than you think. I can wait. But, I will play and support either way.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I will tell everyone who missed the SS tourney, they missed a very good one. I enjoyed all the old pool players and their stories. For not even playing(too young), who'd thought, it was great to see the friendly competition. All at a fairly high level. Count me in for April for 65-69. I do have to say that it was such a great event that maybe you shouldn't mess with changing format. I know that I will be there to watch and for action either way. I will gladly wait another three years to play in 70 and up tourney. Bogies were great hosts. John Rizzo was just great, can only wish them success over and over. Should you mess with 70 and over ? I don't know. All I know is that as time goes by, more and more of us will be turning 70, sooner than you think. I can wait. But, I will play and support either way.

Will we see you at the Derby? (I need a stakehorse.) :D

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Ghost-

I moved to Naples 6 yrs ago. Not much of a pool scene here although, the room that you mentioned is still in business. (Pretty ratty joint) I travel 1 hour north to Diamond Billiards in Cape Coral to play. Give me a shout if you come back down.
Tom Wirth comes over occasionally and I travel over to his place in Delray.(2hr drive) I am sure we can stir something up.

Hello Jakie,

i am NE in Ponte Vedra Beach. Are you close to Santibel? I rent a condo every year there, send my wife and her family or friends but never go because of nothing to do:rolleyes: May be worth it to play.

Also, is Diamond Billiards the one where the guy drove the truck through the window recently? If so, what was the result? It dropped out of the news.
Phil

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

Thanks Robert, kind words, and good concerns, and welcome to the Seniors. I don't think we are going to mess up the SS, just add to the fun, at least that's what we are hoping for. The addition of the Seniors event should enhance both events, if the seniors come in a day early, there should be no problem having both events run at the same time, with both ending on Sunday. It has been suggested that the overall playoff be dropped, and that is certainly a strong consideration at this time.

Shakeysmooth

You might contact Harry Platis in Seattle...I think he is now 70 or71, still very active playing as a true "man of action".

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
SS ll.
(1) Frank Almanza
(2) LSJOHN
(3) Harold Smith (Smitty)
(4) John Henderson (Current Champion)
(5) James Christopher AKA ( Sniper )
(6) Jeff Sparks
(7) Phil Martin
(8) John Rizzo
(9) Maurice LeBlanc

S l
(1)NH Steve
(2)Frank Almanza
(3)LSJOHN
(4)Tom Wirth
(5)John Henderson
(6)James Christopher
(7)Jeff Sparks
(8)Bill.....???
(9)Wayne
(10Harold Smith ( Smitty)
(11)Bill Meacham.( Island Drive )
(12)Nick Principe (Jakie)
(13)Cary
(14)Robert Newkirk (rnewkirk)
(15)Joe MacNamara (Joe Mac)

Have 15 interested in the new division, 9 more will fill it. Then we will take alternates. Who knows, maybe Parica will get shut out! :)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Paging Doctor I.

Paging Doctor I.

You might contact Harry Platis in Seattle...I think he is now 70 or71, still very active playing as a true "man of action".

I think Harry would definitely be interested, but I don't know how to reach him.

Dr. Bill undoubtedly does.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I think Harry would definitely be interested, but I don't know how to reach him.

Dr. Bill undoubtedly does.

I sent him an email and left a message for the last one and never heard back. He would be a great addition. Hope he makes it.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Limited to 24?

Limited to 24?

I've had some inquiries about the cut off being set at 24 players, and what will be done after that? Yes, according to David Richardson (owner Bogies & John Rizzo, Mgr.) it will be shut down at 24 entries for each division. Bogies cannot handle a larger pool of players than the possible 48 for both divisions with a 4 day format.

I don't foresee the SS ll filling to the maximum, although it could happen, we had 18 in the last event, however, I believe the Seniors (65/69 group) will max out and have an alternates list.

In regard to the interest lists posted, both lists will act as a right of first refusal.
When the actual dates for the tournaments are determined, all persons appearing on the interest lists will be asked to solidify their intentions to play, by either sending in their entry fee, or canceling for whatever reasons. Once the dates are set, you will have ample time, you will not be rushed! A reasonable deadline date will be set, upon which if ones entry fee has not been received, the first alternate will be offered the vacated spot in the 24 man field. Of course this is all just speculation right now, predicated on the 24 man field filling up and having an alternates list.

Seem fair?

Hope this answered some of the questions.

Jeff

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I've had some inquiries about the cut off being set at 24 players, and what will be done after that? Yes, according to David Richardson (owner Bogies & John Rizzo, Mgr.) it will be shut down at 24 entries for each division. Bogies cannot handle a larger pool of players than the possible 48 for both divisions with a 4 day format.

I don't foresee the SS ll filling to the maximum, although it could happen, we had 18 in the last event, however, I believe the Seniors (65/69 group) will max out and have an alternates list.

In regard to the interest lists posted, both lists will act as a right of first refusal.
When the actual dates for the tournaments are determined, all persons appearing on the interest lists will be asked to solidify their intentions to play, by either sending in their entry fee, or canceling for whatever reasons. Once the dates are set, you will have ample time, you will not be rushed! A reasonable deadline date will be set, upon which if ones entry fee has not been received, the first alternate will be offered the vacated spot in the 24 man field. Of course this is all just speculation right now, predicated on the 24 man field filling up and having an alternates list.

Seem fair?

Jeff
For the super seniors I think having some SS flyers at Derby City will probably help fill the field because I know there are some active over 70 players that come to the Derby that are not on the list yet.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Seem fair?

Jeff

I have a player for the SSII interest list. Ron Hamblett from Springfield, MO. (He thinks he may have a friend interested in SI.) I'll contact him as soon as it's time to post fees.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I added him John, good work as usual, thanks

I have another for the SI: Mike Nagaki from Ft. Worth (or maybe Dallas.)

I also have strong interest from a St. Louis player for the SSII, but he's not willing to commit yet, and said not to put his name on the list until I hear from him.