Is This The New Forum Software?

keoneyo

Verified Member
Guys, why do some attached video's do not appear in your Attach Files attempt? Do I need to transfer it to some kind of format?
Also it would be great to have a New Forum sticky so we dont have to search for this to ask Tech questions. Thanks.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Guys, why do some attached video's do not appear in your Attach Files attempt? Do I need to transfer it to some kind of format?
Also it would be great to have a New Forum sticky so we dont have to search for this to ask Tech questions. Thanks.
Are you using the Insert drop down menu and choosing "Media"?

2020-04-17 15_39_54-Greenshot.jpg2020-04-17 15_39_54-Greenshot.jpg

keoneyo

Verified Member
Steve it is an MP4 file that I downloaded onto my PC. I press "Attach Files" and it doesnt appear in my download selection.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Steve it is an MP4 file that I downloaded onto my PC. I press "Attach Files" and it doesnt appear in my download selection.
Ah, I do not think we can host MP4 files -- that would explain. If you could put it on youtube or something then you could use our Media insert. But I think that we simply don't have the capacity to host MP4 here at this time, sorry.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Ah, I do not think we can host MP4 files -- that would explain. If you could put it on youtube or something then you could use our Media insert. But I think that we simply don't have the capacity to host MP4 here at this time, sorry.
What if I converted to an MP3 file?

keoneyo

Verified Member
Well it did not work as an MP3 file. That only did audio. So I turned it into a GIF and could use it but no sound.
Why no sticky?

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Can someone tell me how I send a personal message to another member. Thanks in advance for your help. Keith

keoneyo

Verified Member
Can someone tell me how I send a personal message to another member. Thanks in advance for your help. Keith
Just click on that persons name and on his page start a conversation. It will be between you 2 unless u invite someone in

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
just added code so that when you are viewing the forums on your mobile phone (like I do a lot), now at the TOP of the threads, it has the page navigation so you don't have to scroll to the very bottom each time. Hope that also helps someone else other than me! :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Is there a way to scan an alphabetical list of members?
is there a way to search threads words in titles or posts
for example let’s say I was curious to search any threads about spot shots
how would I do that?
or threads by ghost ?
for example

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
just added code so that when you are viewing the forums on your mobile phone (like I do a lot), now at the TOP of the threads, it has the page navigation so you don't have to scroll to the very bottom each time. Hope that also helps someone else other than me! :)
You are the man, thanks!

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
how would I do that?
or threads by ghost ?
for example
when you click on "Search" in the top right it has a box "Search titles only" which you can tick. Further down, there is a field "by:" - you fill in "One Pocket Ghost" and voila!

The only thing I didn't figure out is how to search by a phrase (like "spot shot" in your case). If I type in two words, the algorithm seems to pick up all threads/posts containing either of these words which is not very helpful. The way I go about it is via a google search with "spot shot" in quotes and add site: onepocket.org to restrict the results to onepocket.org only but there must be an easier way. Putting "spot shot" in quotes on here does not seem to do a thing to the search results

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
how would I do that?
or threads by ghost ?
for example
for an alphabetical list of members, yes we can put that on the site, its an option but it says "warning, this will slow down your site" - so I did not enable it. @NHSteve if you want me to enable it let me know!

to search just click the search in the upper right, choose your keywords and if you want therm to be in title only and/or who it was posted by!

If you want to just see posts or threads from a certain member, click on their icon (in one of the threads) and when you get to their individual page, you can either click on postings at the bottom or the FIND > all content from lll or whoever you are looking up!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
when you click on "Search" in the top right it has a box "Search titles only" which you can tick. Further down, there is a field "by:" - you fill in "One Pocket Ghost" and voila!

The only thing I didn't figure out is how to search by a phrase (like "spot shot" in your case). If I type in two words, the algorithm seems to pick up all threads/posts containing either of these words which is not very helpful. The way I go about it is via a google search with "spot shot" in quotes and add site: onepocket.org to restrict the results to onepocket.org only but there must be an easier way. Putting "spot shot" in quotes on here does not seem to do a thing to the search results
quotes work for me, like "spot shot"

its not perfect, you may have some results with just spot, but a lot of the results have spot shot together...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
cincy thanks for the replies
as for searching a list of members alphabetically
maybe you can test to see how much slower it makes the site
if noticeable i would NOT be in favor of enabling it

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I checked with Steve and he was good with trying it Larry, so I have it enabled!

If you click across the top on members, then on the left, click on registered members and it will give you the alphabetized list of registered members on the forum.

Here is a direct link to the list: