jeff/tom #2

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If you can see the left hand side of the 7 then some low left off the left side and stick CB behind his 2 balls by his corner.

If not then slow roll to the 6 and get him as close to the head rail as you can blocking the long shots down in his corner.

Like this:

If I happen to leave him the 7, its ok if I have him on the end rail he is only getting 1 at best.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Can he see the 15 at all? It's impossible to glean from this one layout what he can see on the left side of the table below the side pocket.

If he can see the 15, use it to get whitey behind the 7.

If he can't see anything over there then 1 rail kick to head string and back, softly, behind the pink balls on the bottom rail. Pretty big hole to hit there.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I have no recollection what Jeff did here. He was somewhat unpredictable. Even after he did it! I would have taken a foul and kicked softly two rails
( side rail, side rail ) trying to get behind the seven.

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
It would look something like this if I pulled it off as I wanted, but even if I hit the 7 going in it still is okay. For now.

If I do catch the shot just right, or should I say, if Jeff caught it just right, it would be me who was in trouble.

Attachments

• jw60 - Copy.jpg
    jw60 - Copy.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
It would look something like this if I pulled it off as I wanted, but even if I hit the 7 going in it still is okay. For now.

If I do catch the shot just right, or should I say, if Jeff caught it just right, it would be me who was in trouble.

tom after that shot won't he just put you back in the same spot?
i like kicking the long table 1 rail playing to hit the 12 ball. speed is key i want to lay on the 12 or the bottom rail behind the 4 and the 12. if i miss the 12 and take a foul thats okay also as long as on that bottom rail. keith

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I would take a foul kicking one rail behind the 13/5. A even stronger move looks to be locking up behind the 6 but it's risky.

Hardmix

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If you can see the left hand side of the 7 then some low left off the left side and stick CB behind his 2 balls by his corner.

I like the same play but off the 13, which is available (I think). Move the 13 and all three of those balls are tripled up (I think.) Then you can put him anywhere down in that corner later. (I think. ;) )

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
jeffs shot
wwyd??
may not be the toughest to escape but something to think about
View attachment 15225

I like to be offensive :) and it has cost me dearly. But I think :eek: I could pull this off

2 rail the 6, the angle is short so as not to hit the 2 ball. 6 ball towards the 8 ball maybe kisses and goes in?

All the while ... the cue ball two rails ends up behind the 7 ... or a little harder behind the 4 and 15

Nice Shot ... can you tell I don't like my money?

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
i'd thin off the 8 and leave him long
:)

I'm with miller. If you're speed is good you also double him up behind the 6 and he can't bring the cue ball back down to the same position. He's probably going to then, take a foul or try to double you up on the 1 and 8 ball.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
sappo;185657[B said:
]tom after that shot won't he just put you back in the same spot?[/B]
i like kicking the long table 1 rail playing to hit the 12 ball. speed is key i want to lay on the 12 or the bottom rail behind the 4 and the 12. if i miss the 12 and take a foul thats okay also as long as on that bottom rail. keith

Keith, He can't do that if Jeff hooks me between the side rail and the seven. It's a free shot at trapping me. If that does not work and I have room to put him back where he came from Jeff will still have the kick off the head rail.

Tom

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
i'd thin off the 8 and leave him long
:)

I'm with miller. If you're speed is good you also double him up behind the 6 and he can't bring the cue ball back down to the same position. He's probably going to then, take a foul or try to double you up on the 1 and 8 ball.

Sorry guys, but that shot ain't gonna fly. The chances of your coming off the eight and hooking me behind the six are extremely thin. If you don't get me there I will have so many options it will be hard to decide which is better. I can think of about four good possibilities. Two offensive and two others defensive.

Tom

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

I too thought of this shot, but if I don't get behind the seven then I feel like I'll be in a worse spot and the 8 ball will be removed and I'll be back to where I was....I like hitting the 5 ball two rails to my side and following the cue ball to the head rail and land behind the six or straight in on my opponentst7 ball.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I too thought of this shot, but if I don't get behind the seven then I feel like I'll be in a worse spot and the 8 ball will be removed and I'll be back to where I was....I like hitting the 5 ball two rails to my side and following the cue ball to the head rail and land behind the six or straight in on my opponentst7 ball.

I don't see anywhere up table that works, Bill. If Jeff did what you suggest I would have a number of options. One being I can drive into the ten and carom the other two balls near Jeff's pocket toward my own. I wouldn't worry too much about surrendering a bank with so few balls on Jeff's side of the table. If I don't like that, I might bank the eight ball, if I can keep the cue ball from selling out the ten. If I don't like that, I may be in a position to play a combo on the nine while lagging the rock behind the ten. I think I could go on and on with this but you get my point. Bottom line, leaving the cue ball up table offers too many options.

Jeff shot a fine shot and one that keeps pressure on me to play defense by hiding the balls near his hole. Take an inning way from me and hope I give him more to work with the next time he is at the table. that's my take on it anyway.

Tom

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I don't see anywhere up table that works, Bill. If Jeff did what you suggest I would have a number of options. One being I can drive into the ten and carom the other two balls near Jeff's pocket toward my own. I wouldn't worry too much about surrendering a bank with so few balls on Jeff's side of the table. If I don't like that, I might bank the eight ball, if I can keep the cue ball from selling out the ten. If I don't like that, I may be in a position to play a combo on the nine while lagging the rock behind the ten. I think I could go on and on with this but you get my point. Bottom line, leaving the cue ball up table offers too many options.

Jeff shot a fine shot and one that keeps pressure on me to play defense by hiding the balls near his hole. Take an inning way from me and hope I give him more to work with the next time he is at the table. that's my take on it anyway.

Tom

I misinterpreted the shot, I thought going off the long rail my side and then back behind the seven was your intention, I do tho like this shot Allot, thx for the diagram.