Jeremy Jones self commentary vs Alex Pagulayan

kross

Come watch Jeremy Jones doing commentary on his own match, vs Alex Pagulayan! Premieres tonight at 8 PM Eastern US time.

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
They both took some serious time on some shots. I'm watching with VLC player, and often hit the skip ahead keys to get to the part where they shoot. 😂

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thank you for posting this! One nice thing about watching Alex is that he often gives you a glimpse of what he is thinking as he is looking at what he is going to shoot, because he walks around and looks, and he uses his hand to "mark" where he wants to go. Parica used to do that too. It is great to watch and learn from, but also it is a phenomenal habit to develop yourself in improving your own habits of looking ahead, and planning exact position goals.

I don't mind JJ not remembering what he did, because that way he's not filtering his commentary to justify what he did :)

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I tell every one who wants to learn one pocket to look at at least three shots before choosing one. Even if you gut reaction was right it keeps your pacing better and a lot of the time I find better shots with longer contemplation. Unfortunately I am not great at taking my own advice but it is good to watch two players who take this philosophy to heart and show you how advanced the game can be

Reactions: lll

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Sheldon, can you recommend a good version of VLC? I just took a quick look and it isn't clear which one is safest to download. Thanks?

They both took some serious time on some shots. I'm watching with VLC player, and often hit the skip ahead keys to get to the part where they shoot. 😂

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
This is where chess, and one pocket are similar, sometimes it is a great idea to sit on your hands {or put them in your pockets} until you find the BEST SHOT FOR YOU, {not the first good shot you see.} The chess maxim is "When you find a good move, look for one that's even better! For the record , I think JJ is one of the best commentators out there at One Pocket. He and Billy I. are my favorites, and I am a Danny D fan of 30 years , as far as I am concerned, he can commentate, until he doesn't want to any more, just because he earned it !

Last edited:

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
Sheldon, can you recommend a good version of VLC? I just took a quick look and it isn't clear which one is safest to download. Thanks?
VLC is open-source software, and anything you get from the official site will be safe.
If you're on windows, select the windows installer, and you'll be good to go! I use the 64 bit version, but I don't really think it makes much difference.