lll

Verified Member
alittle more end game
cliffs shot
he leads 4-0 in ball count
joyner cooney wwyd.png

mr3cushion

Verified Member
The bank on the 1 ball and 2 rail carom into the, I think 13 looks like it works for me.

I like putting 2 balls by my hole here, to make my opponent have to waste his next turn playing defense. In doing so, he may leave a two rail on the 2 ball or straight back on the 3.

cooneyvjoyner.jpg

Last edited:

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
I like pocketing the stripe and freezing the CB off the top rail behind the 1

Island Drive

Verified Member
3 rail the 13, kill whitey upon contact, using a touch of inside. You might even make the ball.

beatle

Verified Member
only shot i see on first glance is the 2,7 combo bank. the 7 does go. and you get balls if you make it and dont leave any real shots otherwise especially with a ball by your pocket.

playing top pros you cant let a ball leak out on a mistake where your shot isnt a big gain if it goes correctly. so i dont see any other shots.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
3 rail the 13, kill whitey upon contact, using a touch of inside. You might even make the ball.
You have lost me. The 13 is left-most ball on the table. Which three rails are you going to hit to make it go in the pocket near us marked "Joyner"?

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
Shoot gently thru the 9 ball and use the 15 to protect the 5 and 8. Second choice - bank the 6 ball at the 5, pocket speed. Banking the 1 ball and kicking 2 rails at the 13, as per Mr. 3, could be a game-winner, but I don't like shooting that hard. I would probably concentrate on hitting the 13 well, but I would expect the good players to go all out for the bank on the 1. They will get it very close at least. Several good choices mentioned here already.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
He could kick in the two ball (or 8, near the head spot) and have position on the 4. I don't know which one he's going to bank for his fourth ball.

Jack shouldn't have left him that far off the cushion.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
The bank on the 1 ball and 2 rail carom into the, I think 13 looks like it works for me.

The way I see the shot, if you make the 1 ball at pocket speed you either don't hit the 13 or you move it only a little. If you crank up the speed, you will scratch. The one ball looks to be a ball and a half from the far cushion. The 13 is not quite two balls from the side rail and this side of the first diamond. Try it on a table. Here is what VP4 thinks the shot will do for those two balls:

CropperCapture[574].png

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
The way I see the shot, if you make the 1 ball at pocket speed you either don't hit the 13 or you move it only a little. If you crank up the speed, you will scratch. The one ball looks to be a ball and a half from the far cushion. The 13 is not quite two balls from the side rail and this side of the first diamond. Try it on a table. Here is what VP4 thinks the shot will do for those two balls:

View attachment 431488
Oh boy, now you went and done it.

Kybanks

Verified Member
I would look at banking the 1 ball into the 13 ball and getting both balls by the hole and hiding the cb behind the 7 ball.

jtompilot

Verified Member

View attachment 431488
I think MR. 3C diagram is closer to correct than yours

beatle

Verified Member
you cant tell much with that distorted camera angle as it looks like its a 4 by 8 table anyway.
bill's shot if you could execute it would be great. i see to much downfall for me if you are off on speed or the hit on the 13.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
Defensive, pocketing the 13 w/ cb going to the head rail and up onto the 1 ball, thus protecting the spotted 13 ball.
Offensive, mr3c's shot, or Beatle's combo bank if it is there. Whitey

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Well , I don't play well enough, to be sure I will not sell out the stripe banking the one, so I am going to shoot to pocket the 13 or 11, whatever that ball is, and try to snuggle right up behind the one , the ball spots up, and if I dont get there, I leave him a nasty back cut from the rail, to get 1.
If I do he has a problem. That's a shot most all of us can perform pretty well about every time. As always, for giggles I would bank the one and play the carom also. Plus I have a 4 nothing lead, taking flyers in the lead is one of the best ways to get to live in a 200 dollar car all your life.
Then again, you can always sub let the trunk to a horse player.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Verified Member
You have lost me. The 13 is left-most ball on the table. Which three rails are you going to hit to make it go in the pocket near us marked "Joyner"?
From the camera angle of the shot from the beginning thread, it looks like one can ''pound'' that stripe ball, hitting the foot rail ''just'' before the pocket. That's all.

catkins

Verified Member
I am just cutting the 2 ball to the right and letting the cue ball drop to the bottom rail

mr3cushion

Verified Member
This view of the table is somewhat like a, '2 point perspective'. Like looking at railroad tracks, going off in the distance. With that in mind, the balls at the far end of the table could be further away from that rail than it appears. Bob J. suggests it possible to not carom 2 cushions into the 13 correctly, anything is possible with a bad hit. He also states the 13 is "Less than 2 balls width from the long rail." Here's a the same photo, not a diagram showing it differently. Obviously, this is just mu opinion.

cooneyvjoyner-02.jpg

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
Defensive, pocketing the 13 w/ cb going to the head rail and up onto the 1 ball, thus protecting the spotted 13 ball.
Offensive, mr3c's shot, or Beatle's combo bank if it is there. Whitey
Since you have a table, it would be interesting to try Bill's shot. I'm thinking much of the time you will send the 15 towards Cooney's pocket.