joyner cooney wwyd>

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
If he made the 10 he had to either draw back a bit or he left the cut on the stripe and carom the other ball towards his pocket, he would not pass that up.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I would of love it if Cliff had back banked the 1 and picked up the 13. Kudos to mr3c for envisioning this shot. It does not pop out for me, not being a 3c player and not playing OP. Welcome back, hell of a call!

It has occurred to me that in quite a few of these wwyds there is the one shot that is the key to the puzzle, I think this is the one!

Thanks guys for the great shot selections, I had a great time executing them, and thanks for the compliments on the videos. The videos really brought this scenario to life, for me.
Keep the wwyds coming Larry! thanks, Whitey
I wish I had your energy whitey, I would be in the basement working on these shots also. I just have to enjoy watching for now.

Ratamon

Well-Known-Member
If he made the 10 he had to either draw back a bit or he left the cut on the stripe and carom the other ball towards his pocket, he would not pass that up.
You lost me there a bit. Cliff's pocket is bottom right. Jack might have gone forward with the CB a bit to leave a thinner safety off the spotted balls. If he played a stop shot, the only aggressive shot for Cliff I see is a 6-4 combo bank which is crazy given circs.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
one reason i posted this thread is i was surprised cliff made the ball putting it in play while being ahead in the score
So it was a nothing shot really. Two balls came on the spot and a banking lane for the 1 is now wide open.
You see bro...with my method of playing the safety off of the 1ball, not one, and not two balls would be down-table for Jack.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...png

beatle

Verified Member
remember just because a person is world class ball pocket-er. doesn't mean he is very bright or can make good decisions. and being a pro pool player tells alot about that. so take what someone shot with a grain of salt.

and shot selection for world beaters is totally different than shot selection for the average joe.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
How is your foot and ankle swelling coming along? Whitey
Getting better , I went online and a bunch of great sites I use suggested 1/2 tsp baking soda in a glass of water 2 x a day to help kidneys. I know it is sodium bicarbonate and salt retains fluid, but they said it doesn't work the same , and it started helping right away. After 3 doses, the itching is almost gone , the swelling is 90 % gone, and the skin is still red but you can tell it is softer and healing.
Glad I didn't leave the medicinal bandages on, it was 6 days before a nurse called to take them off , she still isn't here. Thanks for being concerned.

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
You lost me there a bit. Cliff's pocket is bottom right. Jack might have gone forward with the CB a bit to leave a thinner safety off the spotted balls. If he played a stop shot, the only aggressive shot for Cliff I see is a 6-4 combo bank which is crazy given circs.
Cliffs a goofball, he changed pockets right in the middle of the game. roflmao, nah , I'm losin it bud , sorry.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
What's wrong with going off the right side of the two and laying the cue ball down on the rail, using the eleven as a blocker? Your opponent has no shot and must go off something and leave you a bank the next inning.

Kybanks

Verified Member
What's wrong with going off the right side of the two and laying the cue ball down on the rail, using the eleven as a blocker? Your opponent has no shot and must go off something and leave you a bank the next inning.
That's what I liked also!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Cant they cut the 11 in their hole from there?

jtompilot

Verified Member
My reply might be to bank the 9 and hide behind the 11. I also like the 6 off the 12. There might even be more options. Don’t put a shot clock on me because I’ll be shooting for my hole somehow.

catkins

Verified Member
I think if you leave the cue ball in the corner with the 14 and if I have the bottom of the cue ball the 15 off either side of the 5 moves both balls to my hole and there is a lot of room to freeze cue ball on the 9